Posting Number: 0600823
Position Title: Part time Instructor Accounting and Finance Facts for HR Professionals
Position is: Part Time
Position Type: Faculty Position (Full Time/Part Time)
Department/Ofc.: LifeLong Learning
Washtenaw Community College is looking for a part time instructor to teach accounting and finance facts for HR professionals. This position will develop, instruct and evaluate coursework customized for HR professionals that must understand accounting regulations and practices. This interactive training will need to focus on the accounting and financial concepts HR professionals need to know to communicate more effectively with accounting and finance departments in their company. This is a part time instructor opportunity with the Workforce Development Department. We seek to impact the business community by providing responsive, real time, and impactful training that contributes to the overall success and productivity of organizations we partner with. Please provide a cover letter highlighting your related professional experience as well as evidence of the ability to successfully train others. These classes will be starting in late April, early May.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish and maintain an interactive, experiential training environment conducive to participants learning;
- important financial management terms and concepts critical to the HR profession and HR's contribution to the bottom line
- the key financial components of the annual report
- the importance of cash flow to companies and shareholders
- the measures and processes used to assess companies' financial health
- the ability to define organizational prepared statements, audited financial statements and compiled statements
- financial business knowledge to enhance value to the organizational decision making processes
- Attendance required for all scheduled trainings.
- Electronic submission of materials (outline, power point, interactive assignments) two weeks prior to training.
- Abide by Washtenaw Community College's work practice and rules of conduct.
- Work experience related to financial management and oversight of financial processes.
- Proven knowledge of the measures and processes used to assess companies' financial health.
- Demonstrated ability to create interactive, collaborative learning environments with professional audiences.
Closing Date: 03-22-2012
Special Instructions to Applicants:
You must attach a cover letter highlighting your related professional experience as well as evidence of the ability to train others to be considered.
Salary/Hourly Rate: 51.67