Estimating/Production Part-time Faculty(Job Number: 0015U)
The Montgomery College, Computer Publishing/Printing Department, is currently accepting applications for possible openings as a part-time faculty member teaching Estimating/Production. We are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated teacher who exhibits a high degree of professionalism, a strong commitment to our students, and demonstrates the ability to motivate and educate in an engaging manner.
Montgomery College accepts applications for Adjunct/Part-time Faculty on a continuous basis. Applications may be reviewed periodically based on the student enrollment needs.
• The listing of a course in the schedule of classes as “TBA” does not constitute an assignment.
• The hiring decision for part-time faculty involves an academic judgment and shall be determined at Management’s sole discretion.
• During the academic year part-time faculty at Montgomery College may teach no more than 11.5 ESH (equivalent semester hour) per semester and no more than 23 ESH per academic year.
• During summer part-time faculty at Montgomery College may teach no more than 10 ESH (equivalent semester hour) for both sessions combined.
• Compensation for initial salary placement as a new part-time faculty member at Montgomery College is currently $870.83 per ESH (Equivalent Semester Hour)
Estimating/Production Part-time Faculty
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to instruct students in the proper procedures for estimating the cost of jobs to be printed on conventional as well as digital printing equipment. Should be experienced in the use of a computer-assisted estimating application. Must also be experienced in, and capable of instructing students in the principles of printing production management.
As a condition of part-time faculty employment, the following are required:
• Receipt of official transcript for the highest degree earned.
• Receipt of three letters of professional reference.
• 3-5 years experience in estimating the cost of printing jobs for a printing company.
• 1-3 years in the use of computer software for printing estimating.
• 3-5 years experience in the activity of tracking/monitoring the production flow of printing through a printing company.
• More than 5 years experience in estimating the cost of printing jobs for a printing company.
• More than 3 years in the use of computer software for printing estimating.
• More than 5 years experience in the activity of tracking/monitoring the production flow of printing through a printing company.
In order to be considered for the position, you must complete the following steps:
• Create the Montgomery College online employment profile/application.
• After you complete your application, please be sure you have applied to this position.
• You will be prompted to answer several questions (assessment) in order to successfully apply to the job.
• The assessment must be completed for consideration. Failure to complete the assessment will automatically result in your elimination from consideration for this position.
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free workplace.
For disability related accommodations please call 240-567-5353 or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org at least two weeks in advance.
Montgomery College is an academic institution that is committed to equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.