OPENING SUBJECT TO BUDGET CONSIDERATIONS AND APPROVAL
This is a full time (1.0 FTE) probationary faculty position commencing September 2013. Hours of work may include evening or weekend teaching assignments.
Initial assignment will be at the Sylvania Campus. While the BA department is located on the Sylvania campus, a few courses are taught at the Newberg Education Center (NEC) in Newberg, Oregon. Occasionally, the instructor will be asked to teach courses or provide advising and other support services at that location.
More information is available at: http://www.pcc.edu/hr/employment/faculty-information.html
- This position is included in the bargaining agreement between Portland Community College and the Portland Community College Faculty Federation Employees. Employment in this position will require, as a condition of employment, payment of monthly union dues or a monthly fair share fee in lieu of dues through automatic payroll deduction.
- Portland Community College will hire only United States citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States. All new employees will be required to complete the designated Immigration Service Employers Verification I-9 form.
- As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
- Instruct students in Business Administration, using approved course outcome guides developed by college-wide subject area Faculty; assess student performance in these courses.
- Attend and participate in college-wide, campus/center division, department, and program meetings and activities.
- Serve on Subject Area Curriculum Committees and/or such other College committees as may be assigned.
- Assist in the recruitment of students.
- Provide registration, advising, and guidance assistance to students.
- Provide professional assistance to staff and students.
- Provide information and assistance on College operations as may be requested.
- Compile and/or research data as may be assigned.
- Provide services to students in a manner which does not discriminate as to race, creed, religion, color, national origin, disability, age, sex, sexual preference or marital status.
- Remain current in the field through a variety of professional development activities.
- Maintain College safety standards in their work areas; ensure that students are trained in good safety practices; and make reasonable efforts to ensure that students follow good safety practices.
- Comply with published College Policies and Procedures.
- Perform other related duties as provided in Faculty Agreement.
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Masters in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics or other business-related field required (unless otherwise specified for individual courses). Degree must be from an accredited institution.
Three years of related full-time equivalent non-teaching work experience required. Prior teaching experience preferred.
Preferred Qualifications - Strong written, oral and presentation skills.
- Ability to teach a wide range of Business Administration courses likely to include: BA 101, 206 (management), 250 (small business management), 205 (business communications), 131 (computers in business), 203 (intro to international business).
- A background and interest in teaching BA 226 (business law I).
- Well-versed in distance learning and attuned to best practice in this arena or, through prior experience with media and technology, can demonstrate the ability to quickly embrace teaching in a distance environment.
- Commitment to assessment at multiple levels (course, program and degree) and other continuing process improvement practices.
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to the larger organization through engagement in a wide range of non-classroom activities undertaken to maintain, extend and improve the program.
- Willingness to occasionally teach courses or provide advising and other off-campus support services at the Newberg (Oregon) Education Center.
- In addition to business and management experience, a strong background in entrepreneurship with a focus on innovation and adaptability is desirable.
- A strong background globalization.
- Experience with decision-making, financial, and presentation software, as well as social media.
Additional Posting Information ADDITIONAL POSTING INFORMATION:
To apply for this position you must submit:
1) Completed online application (please be sure to include complete employment history in either the application or resume/vita)
2) Cover letter specifically stating how you meet each of the qualifications for the position, including preferred qualifications. (Attach document)*
3) Current Resume/Vita (Attach document)*
* When you apply for the position, you will be given an opportunity to attach the above documents. They may be attached in either "Microsoft Word" or ".pdf" formats.
REVIEW PROCESS: Once the Open Until Filled date has passed and an initial screening has been conducted, if you are selected by the committee for further consideration you will be asked to submit the following additional information:
1. Written responses to a set of essay questions.
2. Copies of unofficial transcripts that include:
a. Title of the degree earned.
b. Date that the degree was conferred.
Once the transcript and essay documentation is requested you may have as little as one week to provide the required information. It is strongly suggested that you obtain unofficial copies of your transcripts in anticipation of this request.
- All transcripts from institutions outside of the U.S. are required to include an evaluation by a U.S. credential evaluation agency (copy and paste the link http://www.pcc.edu/hr/employment/faculty-information.html into another browser window for specific instructions).
- Applicants Anticipating Degree Completion by September 1, 2013 must supply a letter from his/her university stating the degree title and that the degree will be granted by that date.
-Upon hire the selected candidate will be required to supply OFFICIAL copies of transcripts for all degrees earned.
- Applicants selected for hire will be required to pass a criminal background check as a condition of employment.