Bunker Hill Community College invites applications and nominations for its new President.
After 16 successful years as President of Bunker Hill Community College, Dr. Mary Fifield has announced her retirement, effective June 30, 2013. The next President of Bunker Hill Community College (BHCC) will have the enviable opportunity to lead this outstanding institution into a new and even more dynamic era.
BHCC, ranked among the 25 fastest growing public two-year colleges in the United States, is a multi-campus institution with vibrant, urban campuses in Boston, MA, in nearby Chelsea, MA, and at three satellite locations within the Greater Boston area. BHCC is part of the Massachusetts public higher education system, which includes 15 community colleges. Founded in 1973, BHCC is the largest community college in Massachusetts, serving more than 13,400 students each semester across all modes of instruction. The College offers 103 certificate and degree programs that prepare students to enter four-year institutions or to enter the workforce prepared for better and more highly skilled jobs. Seventy-seven percent of students are people of color and more than fifty percent are women.
BHCC is nationally recognized as a Leader College by Achieving the Dream. It is one of four colleges awarded the National Gates Foundation Achieving the Dream Catalyst grant. The engaged and innovative faculty, administration and staff are a reason the student body of this acclaimed College has grown almost 120% in the past 16 years. BHCC's location in Boston, a major education, healthcare and financial hub, provides it with the ability to nurture unique partnerships with other institutions of higher learning and with business and industry. These important partnerships enable the College to offer a broad scope of healthcare and business curricula, providing students with vital connections and access to workplace internships while in school and with an education that prepares them for high-paying jobs in the area.
The new President will be expected to bring his/her creativity, energy, vision and leadership skills to Bunker Hill Community College. He/She will have demonstrated success in these and/or comparable areas:
• Championing, strengthening and extending the programs and creative initiatives that are proven successes, such as a faculty-developed and sustained Student Learning Outcomes Assessment Program (SLOAP), Achieving the Dream, Life Map, Learning Communities, community-based Long Range Planning, Single Stop, Student Emergency Assistance Fund, and Compelling Conversations;
• Increasing the diversity of full-time and part-time faculty and staff through unqualified support and sustained leadership of diversity initiatives;
• Maintaining fiscal stability through sound financial management, proactive advocacy with state and federal government, and demonstrated ability to obtain external funds to support the College's mission;
• Nurturing positive relationships with the unions who serve the faculty and staff and creating additional avenues of cooperation;
• Expanding the College's affiliations with business, industry, and labor to strengthen educational and workforce pathways for students, such as the College's Learn and Earn Intern Program;
• Advocating for program development that supports transfer to four-year institutions, workforce development, adult learning, and creates seamless transitions to the College for students from local high schools;
• Maximizing the use of technology in delivering and assessing programs and student success;
• Furthering the College's commitment to professional development programs for faculty, staff, students, and the Board of Trustees;
• Using data for decision making and developing additional metrics that support student success; and
• Developing, with the College and community, a long-term vision for the next decade and beyond.
The preferred candidate will possess the earned doctorate coupled with substantial senior managerial experience within higher education. The new President will use her or his creativity, energy, vision and leadership to build upon the significant accomplishments of the College, championing, strengthening and extending the programs and creative initiatives the College has created to serve students and the community.
Prior to application submission, please view the Executive Search Profile, which provides application and nomination procedures.
For more information visit bhcc.mass.edu and rhperry.com.
For full consideration, please submit completed applications by February 28, 2013.
R. H. Perry & Associates is assisting in this search. Please direct all inquiries, held in strictest confidence to:
Ms. Liz Rocklin, Senior Consultant at BHCC@rhperry.com.
Bunker Hill Community College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, people of color, persons with disabilities and others are strongly encouraged to apply.
Apply Here: http://rhperry.com/