Position Title: ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT – ½ Time
Department: Teacher Education
Reports Directly To: Project Director for Project CEDAR
Opening Date: December 17, 2012
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Under the direct supervision of the Project Director for Project CEDAR, performs all or some of the following duties:
1. Oversee administrative assistant functions of an academic department;
2. Facilitate mail preparation and coordinate mailings, prepare information packets for student seminars, conferences, meetings and mailings and maintain mailing lists;
3. Develop, organize and maintain program files using appropriate filing system;
4. Facilitate and tract purchasing, purchase requisitions and other budgetary matters;
5. Schedule appointments and meeting sites, handle meeting details, type and distribute agendas, and act as recorder for program meetings;
6. Prepare travel authorizations, make travel arrangements and complete expense vouchers;
7. Provide support to grant project participants as needed;
8. Create documents in Word, Excel and Publisher;
9. Maintain database of project participants information for the Dept. of Ed; and
Other duties as assigned.
INDEPENDENCE OF ACTION:
General office conditions. Normal working hours are 20 hours per week between 8 AM & 5 PM.
Requires two years of work experience performing office support, clerical, or secretarial work. Must have good interpersonal and communication skills. Requires proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel. Must also be proficient with keyboarding, grammar and spelling.
Preference will be given to applicants with advanced computer skills in MS Office package programs including Publisher.
Preference will be given to bona fide American Indian applicants in accordance with UTTC policies and Federal Indian regulations for such preference.
If selected for the position, the applicant is subject to a complete background investigation with favorable determination.
UNITED TRIBES TECHNICAL COLLEGE DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEX, RELIGIOUS PREFERENCE, AGE, HANDICAP, MARITAL STATUS, POLITICAL PREFERENCE, OR MEMBERSHIP OR NON-MEMBERSHIP IN AN EMPLOYEE ORGANIZATION, EXCEPT AS ALLOWED BY THE INDIAN PREFERENCE PROVISION OF THE CIVIL RIGHTS ACT OF 1964, AS AMENDED.
PERSONS OF INDIAN ANCESTRY WHO ARE AT LEAST 1/4 DEGREE AND WISH TO CLAIM INDIAN PREFERENCE SHOULD SUBMIT A COPY OF THEIR TRIBAL ENROLLMENT CERTIFICATE INDICATING THEIR DEGREE OF INDIAN BLOOD AND AGENCY ENROLLED.
Interested individual should submit the following application materials to the Human Resource Director:
Completed UTTC Application - call for a copy, or you can download a copy from www.uttc.edu.
Reference letters or names, addresses and daytime phone numbers of three individuals familiar with your preparation / experience.
Unofficial copies of transcripts (Official copies required if hired).
HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICE
UNITED TRIBES TECHNICAL COLLEGE
3315 UNIVERSITY DRIVE
BISMARCK, ND 58504