Red River College is a leader in applied learning and innovation. Our talented team of employees is passionate about education, innovation and student success. We offer competitive salaries, extensive benefits, and the opportunity for personal and professional growth in a rewarding career. Together, we are going places.
We are currently seeking a Chair, Hospitality and Culinary Arts to join our team.
Duties: Red River College requires a front-line academic manager for the School of Hospitality and Culinary Arts.
Reporting to the Dean of Hospitality and Culinary Arts, the Chair provides academic and operational leadership, direction and day-to-day management to the following programs: Hospitality and Tourism Management, Culinary Arts, Professional Baking and Cook Apprentices. The Chair will liaise with the support staff to ensure the efficient running of events and execution of the residence meal plan, related to utilization of products from student learning. The school also supports the delivery of programming through Distance Education and Continuing Education.
The Chair develops and implements strategic and operational plans for the school and commercial outlets. They provide leadership in the continuous improvement of program and product quality, innovation and industry currency, manages fiscal resources and oversees the College’s longest running co-operative education component. The Chair also recruits, develops, evaluates and motivates staff; ensures the students receive the advice and support necessary for success; and develops and nurtures links with industry, the community and other College departments.
The Chair is responsible for the overall success of the School as measured by student and industry satisfaction, student success and financial performance. The Chair will provide vision and leadership in the development of relevant programs and courses to meet the current and future needs of the hospitality industry.
• Bachelors degree in a related discipline, Masters preferred. A combination of education and experience may also be considered
• Commitment to lifelong learning
• Extensive current and relevant industry experience is essential
• Experience in adult education – program and curriculum development, instructional and evaluation and applied research, preferably at the college level
• Demonstrated leadership experience and a team-oriented collaborative approach are required along with an innovative, entrepreneurial focus
• Experience in the implementation of strategic initiatives that align with the strategic plan of an organization
• Experience in the management of people and budgets is essential
• Excellent inter-personal, communication, team-building, change management, presentation and organizational skills,
• Experience using conflict resolution techniques to facilitate positive outcomes
• Understanding of the trends, challenges and opportunities facing the hospitality, tourism and culinary sectors
• An active network of contacts within the community is an asset
• Experience using computer applications that complement the learning environment of Red River College
• Cultural sensitivity
We seek diversity in our workplace. Aboriginal persons, women, visible minorities and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Competition Number: 2013-029
Closing Date: May 8, 2013
Salary: $69,808 - $95,511
Apply to: Red River College
C410 - 2055 Notre Dame Avenue
Winnipeg, MB R3H 0J9
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information and other employment opportunities, visit www.rrc.ca/employment, http://www.rrc.ca/hiringprocess, www.rrc.ca/peopleplan& www.rrc.ca/about.