Closing Date: June 6, 2013
Position Title: Public Transportation Dispatcher
Location: Sitting Bull College, Transit Center, Fort Yates, ND
Salary: Support Staff Level IV
Supervision: Transportation Director
Summary of Work:
The Public Transportation Dispatcher will focus on individualized passenger needs and establish a variety of customized services to meet their needs. Must have the ability to assist in scheduling and coordinating a diversified public transit program; operate office machines; maintain records; prepare reports; follow oral and written instructions; enter and retrieve applicable transit data using a computer; establish and maintain effective working relationships with others; operate a two-way radio; analyze situations and adopt an effective course of action.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assist the Director of Transportation in the operations of the Transit Program.
2. Implement and manage a Transit Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) computer based program.
3. Oversee scheduling software and monitor incoming appointments. Data must be entered daily to ensure accurate statistics.
4. Provide dispatch and passenger ticketing/scheduling services for the Transit division.
5. Prepare daily trip logs for drivers and communicate with drivers using two-way radios or mobile phones.
6. Coordinate passenger scheduling, confirmation and cancellation of trips.
7. Prepare and make scheduling public service announcements.
8. Plan and prepare documents (reports, records) for the purpose of answering questions and recording actions.
9. Keep both manual and computerized records (ridership/mileage logs, etc.).
10. Work closely with Transit Coordinator to develop and ensure integrity of schedules.
11. Collect and evaluate rider information and data.
12. Handle routine details and phone inquiries not requiring immediate attention of supervisor(s) for the purpose of efficient department operations.
13. Maintain privacy and confidentiality of the Transit division passengers in all aspects of services.
14. Promote and recruit students for Sitting Bull College.
1. Any combination of education, training, and/or experience which demonstrates ability to perform the required duties.
2. High School equivalent; transit experience preferred.
3. Valid driver’s license and ability to qualify for vehicle insurance
4. Use of office machines such as typewriters, calculators, computers, related software, two-way radio codes and proper usage.
5. Transit experience is required.
6. Organization and decision making skills.
7. Interpersonal skills with staff/employees, public, supervisors.
New hires are subject to Tribal background check and pre-employment drug/alcohol testing.
Must be drug and alcohol free.
AA * EEO * M * F * B Employer
Please submit: SBC job application, high school transcripts or GED certificate, 3 current reference letters (1 from immediate supervisor), certificate of Indian blood (if applicable), copy of Social Security Card and drivers license, SBC Background Check to:
Personnel Office Sitting Bull College 9299 HWY 24 Fort Yates, ND 58538 (701)854-8004
Any applicant not having the above documents enclosed will not be considered