Job Class Title: Financial Aid Advisor
Position Title: Advisor, Financial Aid
Position Type: Staff
EEO Code: 30
Job Class Number: 12994
Department: Student Financial Assistance
Min Salary: 36,007
Campus Location: College Wide
Job Summary/Basic Function: 1. Advises prospective and current students and their parents on scholarships and financial aid, educational programs available, admissions procedures, and general college information.
2. Assists with the financial aid verification process, loan processing, monitoring Satisfactory Academic Progress, and troubleshooting application issues.
3. Advise (one-on-one or in small/large group settings) and assist current, prospective and past students and families with scholarship and financial aid funding options, including completion of applications, promissory notes and related materials.
4. Review submitted documents for completion and problem resolution. Complete the financial aid verification process as appropriate and in a timely manner.
5. Expedite communication with other departments on campus and with external agencies to ensure timely, accurate processing of student applications and
6. Troubleshoot student application and processing issues as appropriate via phone, front counter, or e-mail. Assist with
student loan processing and contact loan services as appropriate on behalf of students to resolve problems
Job Summary 2:
Minimum Qualifications: 1. Bachelor's degree plus one (1) year of experience in financial aid or other closely related area within a higher education setting.
2. Strong customer service background in a high-traffic office with demonstrated commitment to excellence and attention to detail. Proficient using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and electronic mail.
3. Ability to work effectively with a variety of populations in a diverse community setting. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, the ability to logically analyze data and organize workflow.
Preferred Qualifications: 1. One to three years of experience in financial aid
2. Ellucian (formerly SCT) Banner financial aid software experience.
3. Experience with US Department of Education financial aid regulations, software, and database applications.
Posting Date: 08-12-2013
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants: