Posting Number 20110176
Job Title IT Customer Service Technician
Job Category Staff
Position Summary Information
Job Description Summary
Southwestern Michigan College, a two-year college located approximately 30 minutes north of South Bend, Indiana, and approximately 30 minutes from Lake Michigan’s eastern shore is seeking a full-time IT Customer Service Technician who is dedicated, enthusiastic and experienced.
The Customer Service Technician will perform front end customer service to students, faculty, and staff. In addition, this position will be responsible for supporting all technology on the Niles campus. The Customer Service Technician is also responsible for the following:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Greet and triage students, faculty, and staff coming into the Student Service Center; answer general questions.
• Participate in advising students and aiding to attract, retain, and graduate students.
• Collaborate with students by answering product and service questions; suggesting information about other classes when appropriate.
• Maintain all technology at the Niles campus. This includes suggesting capital improvements, anticipating problems before they occur and fixing technical issues immediately.
• Evaluate and prioritize requests for assistance from users experiencing problems with hardware, software, and other computer-related technologies.
• Keep abreast of upcoming new technology in the academic world.
• Associates degree required, bachelor’s degree preferred. A minimum of one year of experience or a combination of education and experience commensurate with the duties and responsibilities of this position.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Various software systems and other technology devices.
• Regulations of confidentiality as outlined by FERPA.
• Working with students from a diverse group of backgrounds.
• Banner Student Information (preferred).
• Strong, interpersonal, verbal, and communication skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Capable of maintaining cooperative and effective working relationships with co-workers.
• Be able to complete duties assigned in a timely fashion and meet deadlines.
• Proficiency to work in a team environment or autonomously.
• Ability to work well in a fast-paced, demanding environment that requires a high degree of multi- tasking with minimal supervision.
• Dexterity of hands to operate a computer keyboard as well as seeing to review material for accuracy.
• Hearing and speaking to exchange information with students, staff and public.
• Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
Special Instructions to Applicants