Posting Number 9206095571
Job Title Admissions Systems Manager
Job Category Staff
Position Summary Information
Job Description Summary
Southwestern Michigan College, a two-year college located approximately 30 minutes north of South Bend, Indiana, and approximately 30 minutes from Lake Michigan’s eastern shore is seeking a full-time Admissions Systems Manager who is dedicated, enthusiastic and experienced.
The Admissions Systems Manager coordinates the operations and activities of the Information Center. This position assists in the organization and supervision of the College’s admissions and registration activities. This position reports directly to the Executive Director of Student Services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Supervise and coordinate the operation and activities of the Information Center, including the processing of applications, student record maintenance, switchboard, and Data Standards for the Banner Operating System. Must be able to process all materials in a timely manner.
• Assist the Director in planning and implementing departmental procedures; implement policies and regulations as required; provide advice and consultation related to various aspects of admissions.
• Oversee and manage the updating and maintenance of both the paper and on-line version of the Application for Admission.
• Have a broad understanding of all policies and procedures that the college implements, as well as the proper departments to refer students, staff, or guests of the college to.
• Coordinate scheduling of data processing support services for the purpose of maintaining student records.
• Conduct review of office procedures pertaining to the admissions systems, residency verification, and records operations; recommend appropriate changes.
• Maintain a close working relationship with the Records Department in order to stay updated on current knowledge of college curriculum, rules, regulations, and guidelines applicable to Admissions and Records.
• Maintain a student record system which includes; computer-maintained information, the storage and retrieval of active and inactive records, and placement and removal of administrative holds on student records.
• Associates degree from an accredited college or university.
• Any combination or equivalent of degree requirement, and or three years of related clerical experience involving frequent public contact.
• Punctuality and timeliness is critical for the success of this role.
• Modern office practices, procedures and equipment.
• Oral and written communication skills.
• College organization, operations, policies and objectives.
• Applicable sections of state and federal laws and codes.
• Technical aspects in field of specialty.
• Banner System Preferred
• Accurate keyboard skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office.
• Skills in both written and verbal communication.
• Resolve difficult and non-routine problems requiring policy interpretation.
• Supervisory/Management Skills
• Dexterity of hands to operate a computer keyboard as well as seeing to read and review materials for accuracy.
• Hearing and speaking to exchange information with students, staff and public.
• Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
• Bachelors preferred.
Special Instructions to Applicants