Posting Number: Temporary_0090740
Position Title: Music Instructor (adjunct)
HR Job Title: Part Time Faculty
FLSA E = Exempt
Position Type: Faculty
Teach lecture-based Music courses to a diverse student population. Including, but not limited to Music Appreciation and American Music.
Potential to teach other lecture-based and practical Music courses as needed.
Staff Required Education/Experience:
Faculty Required Education/Experience Skills:
Master of Arts (MA) in Music
Must hold the degree prior to January 1, 2014.
- Must be able to thoroughly teach Music Appreciation and American Music
- A deep appreciation of the community college setting is required.
- Interest in growing the Department of Fine Arts is preferred.
- Proficiency with computers is required.
- Faculty are REQUIRED to participate in college email, college and departmental deadlines, and have regular contact with his/her supervisor.
- The ability to work closely with other faculty and collaborate on projects is required.
- Previous Teaching experience beyond the TA level
-A desire to introduce students to music opportunities in the community
-Interest in building local partnerships
- An understanding of the community college environment and a desire to teach within that environment
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Department: Lib Arts - Fine Arts
Posting Date: 09/25/2013
Closing Date: 02/01/2014
Open Until Filled No
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please include the contact information for three (3) professional references. Make certain to list your relationship to each person.