Posting Number 20110183
Job Title EXCEL Advisor
Job Category Staff
Position Summary Information
Job Description Summary
Southwestern Michigan College, a two-year college located approximately 30 minutes north of South Bend, Indiana, and approximately 30 minutes from Lake Michigan’s eastern shore is seeking a full-time EXCEL Advisor who is dedicated, enthusiastic and experienced.
Position Summary: The EXCEL Advisor works to guide students through the EXCEL program and monitor their progress. This position will report directly to the Director of EXCEL and has the essential duties and responsibilities of, but not limited to, the following:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Attend meetings, educational conferences, and training workshops and serve on committees.
• Confer with the student and administrators to discuss progress, resolve academic or other problems, and determine priorities for students and their resource needs.
• Provide academic advising and counseling for program participants. These advising duties include, but are not limited to, the following activities:
• Meet individually with program participants.
• Facilitate and sponsor activities for program participants designed to enrich their academic experience at the College and promote retention.
• Coordinate with others in Academic Support to provide programming to enhance student success.
• Work closely with teaching faculty of both developmental and non-developmental courses in the following manner:
• Serve as primary source for referrals from faculty who perceive students needing greater assistance or involvement in student success activities.
• Direct intervention activities for program participants to resolve academic and attendance problems.
• Document the interventions described above.
A minimum of a Master’s degree in education, counseling, psychology, or related field.
• Principles and methods for curriculum and training design.
• Customer and personal service.
• Counseling and mentoring students.
• Ability to effectively convey information to others.
• Active listening skills and social perceptiveness.
• Excellent communication and customer service skills required.
• Dexterity of hands to operate a computer keyboard as well as seeing to read and review materials for accuracy.
• Hearing and speaking to exchange information with students, staff and public.
• Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
Special Instructions to Applicants