Full-time Tenure Track Faculty Requirements: BHCC seeks full-time faculty who demonstrate a passion for teaching and a desire to join faculty and staff to expand and create new strategies for student success. Faculty must be experienced in teaching in learning communities or willing to become proficient in learning community pedagogy and practice once hired, as well as be adept in the assessment of learning outcomes and in the use of technology in the classroom. Additionally, BHCC seeks faculty who value advising students and wish to contribute fully to the life of the College. Faculty may be assigned courses at one or more of the College’s locations. Ability to instruct online is a plus. Further, applicants must have proven ability to work with a diverse faculty, staff and student population.
Letter of application should address the above requirements as well as qualifications For This Position.
Position Description: Primarily responsible for instructional preparation and teaching of nursing courses offered at the Associate Degree level in the Evening pediatrics classroom, clinical, and laboratory settings consistent with the philosophy and conceptual framework of the Nurse Education Department and Bunker Hill Community College.
- Teach Pediatric nursing including physical health assessments, critical thinking, pharmacology, therapeutic communications and clinical skills.
- Utilize on-line resources & new technologies to teach courses.
- Provide clinical instruction to nursing students.
- Evaluate student performance in the classroom and clinical setting using outcomes-based assessment.
- Utilize a variety of appropriate teaching strategies to promote students’ critical thinking skills.
- Develop instructional material consistent with course objectives.
- Participate in determining appropriate goals and objectives of nursing course and assist in developing course standards.
- Teach in learning communities and engage students in community service.
- Use new simulations and computer technologies.
- Maintain expertise and currency in the area of teaching responsibility.
- Comply with the duties as stipulated in the Massachusetts Community College Council Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Master’s degree in Nursing and current licensure or eligibility as a Registered Nurse in Massachusetts required.
- Two years’ experience in Nursing or its equivalent within the last five years required.
- Teaching and clinical practice experience with background sufficient to teach theoretical and clinical content in Pediatric Nursing for the Evening program required.
Proven ability to work with a diverse faculty, staff and student population
Salary Range: $60,000.00-$64,000.00. Actual Salary Will Be CommensurateWith Education and Experience in Accordance with MCCC/MTA. Collective Bargaining Agreement. Relocation stipend available.
Review Date: To Ensure Consideration Application Materials Must Be Received By November 7, 2013.
Submit Cover Letter and Resume Addressing the Required Qualifications to: www.bhcc.mass.edu/employment. Fax transcript files to (617)-228-3328.