Responsible for recruiting and training eligible players; collaborating with the Director of Athletics and Fitness Programs to plan, organize, coordinate and supervise all aspects of the team sport including: ensuring compliance with all NJCAA, conference and leagues policies, rules and regulations; providing a comprehensive athlete orientation program; planning and implementing on-going personal/professional development workshops for athletes; and developing an academic and student support network to enhance academic success of athletes. Responsible for adhering to the NJCAA coaching ethics code and coaching principles; and attending practices and games.
- Bachelor’s Degree and two years high school or college coaching experience required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of NJCAA or related league/conference compliance standards.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with practice sport techniques
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills, organizational ability and effective teaching/coaching skills
- Basic first aid knowledge and competence in athletics injury prevention
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team and build team relationships
- Proven ability to work with a diverse faculty, staff and student population
- Sport specific skill development experience preferred
Salary Range: $4,150.00 - $5,000.00 based on experience (Seasonal)
Review Date: To Ensure Consideration Application Materials Must Be Received By November 7, 2013.
Submit Cover Letter and Resume Addressing the Required Qualifications to: www.bhcc.mass.edu/employment. Fax transcript files to (617)-228-3328.