Position: Assistant Registrar -CC14
Full-Time, 12 Month Tenure Track Position
Starting Date: January 2014
Qualifications: Associate’s Degree in a related field and two years of experience in a related field, or a combination of education, training and experience which would lead to the competencies required for successful performance of the position’s essential duties.
Applicants who do not meet the minimum qualifications as stated are encouraged to put in writing precisely how their background and experience have prepared them for the responsibilities of this position and by providing appropriate references. Exceptions to the degree requirements may be made for compelling reasons.
Responsibilities: Under the direction of the Registrar, the Assistant Registrar will perform the following duties:
1. Participating in the processing of student registrations including examining registration data and recording appropriate information in computer-based and manual records;
2. Training and overseeing assigned staff in methods of effective and efficient registration processing including appropriate computer skills;
3. Assisting in preparation of course and classroom assignments and schedules.
Maintaining student records:
1. Performing and overseeing the collection, examining and recording of required demographic, academic, career and historical information about the College’s students;
2. Reviewing, analyzing and correcting student information in order to assure accuracy in recording such information as student grades, prior course credits and their equivalency, and academic data needed to certify student eligibility for degrees and certifications;
3. Performing and overseeing the operation of computerized, microform and manual records systems;
4. Carrying out procedures to assure the protection of student information and its confidentiality.
Reporting of student information:
1. Analyzing, organizing and compiling data for recurring and ad hoc reports; this may involve careful interpretation of such information as course content and proper credits toward degrees;
2. Extracting information and producing reports using both computer-based (Structured Query Language) and manual data sources in a range of report types, including such documents as transcripts, grade reports, lists of candidates for graduation and detailed lists of classes.
Salary: $43,158 approximate annual salary
To Apply: Send letter of intent, resume, transcripts, the names of three references and a completed application form (link below) - no later than October 28,2013.
Barbara Billups, Human Resources
Three Rivers Community College
574 New London Turnpike
Norwich, CT 06360
Three Rivers Community College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F.
Protected group members are strongly encouraged to apply.