JOB TITLE: INSTRUCTOR
REPORTS TO: DEPARTMENT CHAIR
GENERAL JOB NARRATIVE:
An Instructor is a full-time, part-time or adjunct faculty member who is responsible for providing instruction to students. Assigned duties are determined by the Department Chair and/or the Dean of Instructional Services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provides learning experiences for students in accordance with the mission and purposes of the College.
2. Remains current in assigned teaching area(s).
3. Meets classes as scheduled.
4. Develops and publishes syllabi as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
5. Conforms to college regulations regarding textbook selection and replacement.
6. Completes department duties as assigned by Department Chair.
7. Maintains active liaison with business and industry, when appropriate.
8. Assists the department in meeting the mission and purposes of the College.
9. Maintains laboratory equipment in proper working order.
10. Supervises aides and work-study students.
11. Assists the Department Chair and Dean of Instructional Services in the development of day and night classes.
12. Performs academic advising.
13. Complies with the Master Agreement.
14. Performs other duties as assigned by the administration if necessary to fulfill the mission and purposes of the College.
Mail completed applications and materials to:
Jullie Griffith-Seder, Human Resource Director
Dawson Community College
300 College Dr.
Glendive, MT 59330
or email: email@example.com
**PLEASE NOTE** For consideration in the selection process, Candidates must submit all of the following per board policy BP 2-5 & CP 2-5, BP 2-24 & CP 2-24, BP 2-25 & CP 2-25 AND BP 2-26 & CP 2-26 :
Cover Letter (Letter of Application)
DCC Employment Application
DCC Employment Credential Verification Form
Dawson Community College must comply with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986. If hired, you will be required to provide documents to show your identity and authorization to work.
Non-Discrimination Policy: Pursuant to title VII of the Civil Rights Act, Title IX of the Education Amendments, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, Executive Order 11246 as amended, Vietnam era and Disabled Veterans Act, as amended, and the Montana State Human Rights Act - Dawson Community College has a policy of nondiscrimination in employment practices and in admissions, access to and conduct of educational programs and activities. Discrimination is prohibited on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, or marital status. Any student, employee, applicant for admission or employment may file a discrimination grievance. Inquiries or grievances should be directed to the Human Resources/EEO Director in Room 105A, phone (406)377-9412.