Position: Full-time, benefited, exempt staff
Location: College Wide
1. Banner Database Administrator is responsible for the maintenance, reliability, security, and performance of the College's Banner Oracle databases and their associated computing resources.
2. Ensures that Oracle Databases, Application Servers and ERP systems are highly available, technically current and seamlessly integrated.
3. Effectively coordinate activities with the programmer/analysts, networking staff and key stakeholders from the college community. Work well independently with little supervision, as well as a collaborative team members
4. Work effectively with and communicate with end-users, collaborators, team members, supervisors, partner organizations, faculty, and staff to organize collaborative projects
5. Manage, prioritize, and complete multiple projects/tasks in an efficient and timely manner meeting strict timelines and project deadlines and objectives
6. Research new technologies to improve and expand software engineering solutions
7. Manage resources effectively and efficiently
8. Research issues, provide solutions, and make appropriate decisions and bring concerns to management
9. Work evenings and weekends as needed
1. Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution with emphasis or major in one of the following: computer science, computer information systems, or a related computer field
2. Five years of hands-on experience with databases, database application servers. Web application servers.
3. Two years of which must include planning, designing, implementing, and administering serve-based, scalable databases.
4. Proficient in SQL, PL/SQL, and SQL server
5. 3 years working in Higher Ed
6. 2-3 years ERP Application Administration (Banner, PeopleSoft, Datatel, Jenzibar, etc.); proficient in Oracle Forms and Reports; shell scripting in Linux/UNIX.
1. Oracle Certified Associate (OCA) or Oracle Certified Professional (OCP)
2. Proficient in Oracle 11g
3. Experience with: Real Application Clusters (RAC), Data Guard, Grid Control, WebLogic/Fusion Middleware, RMAN, Solaris, Luminis 4.x and 5.x, Banner Document Management System (BDMS), Workflow, UC4/AppWorx, Banner Enterprise Identity Services (BEIS), Central Authentication Service (CAS), LDAP, DegreeWorks, Ellucian Operational Data Store (ODS) and Electronic Data Warehouse (EDW), Evisions Argos & FormFusion, Nelnet payment systems.
Salary $72,153 minimum depending on qualifications.
Benefits: Benefits currently include employer-paid premium contribution for health and dental. Employer paid long-term disability and life insurance premiums. Generous sick, annual, and personal leave time accrual. PERA employer (see www.copera.org for comprehensive benefits). Voluntary supplemental retirement programs, vision insurance and tuition reimbursement available.
Screening/Selection: All applicants must apply on line: jobs.aims.edu
Initial screening will be conducted by a committee based on completed application materials.
Please be prepared to submit the following on-line: cover letter addressing qualifications relative to position requirements, resume, and copy of transcripts (if applicable). Official transcripts will be required if hired. All application materials become the property of Aims Community College. All application materials must be submitted by the closing date posted. The screening committee will select finalists for interviews.
Notice: Aims Community College is an equal opportunity employer. Selection will be based solely on merit and will be without discrimination based on age, sex, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, marital status or disability. The goal of Aims is to enhance the diversity present in the district we serve. To comply with Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, if hired you will be required to provide documents within 3 days of hire date to show your identity and your authorization to work. This law applies to all persons hired.
Contact: Aims Community College, Human Resources Department 5401 W. 20th Street, Greeley, CO 80634