Posting Number 20110212
Job Title Director of Admissions
Job Category Staff
Position Summary Information
Job Description Summary
Southwestern Michigan College, a two-year college located approximately 30 minutes north of South Bend, Indiana, and approximately 30 minutes from Lake Michigan’s eastern shore is seeking a Full-Time Director of Admissions who is dedicated, enthusiastic and experienced.
The Director of Admissions will provide strategic enrollment planning and oversight of student recruitment strategies and efforts. Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Effectively recruit, train, motivate and directly supervise external Admission Advisors.
• Review, analyze and evaluate recruitment efforts and devise enhancements consistent with enrollment goals based on annual and long-range targets.
• Establish operational policies and procedures and make any necessary modifications, based on analysis of operations, demographics, and other research information.
• Work closely with marketing regarding communication efforts for all current and new programs.
• Manage the Admissions budget and coordination of internal marketing communications.
• Advise students on issues such as course selection, progress toward graduation, and career decisions.
• Be a key contributor toward achieving the College goals of attracting, retaining, developing and graduating students.
• Formulate strategic plans for the goals and objectives of the external Admissions Department.
• Manage all Early College initiatives such as dual enrollment and direct credit.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field from an accredited college or university is required.
• Broad knowledge of enrollment management processes and the ability to develop and maintain close working relationship with both internal and external constituents.
• Must possess a willingness and ability to travel.
• Master’s degree preferred.
• Database management, statistical data interpretation and application of state and the art information technology as applied to recruitment programs.
• Maintaining confidentiality of work related information and materials.
• Possess an understanding of accounting/finance.
• Developing and executing marketing, communications, and social media plans.
• Effective interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to complete duties, schedules and deadlines in a timely fashion by planning and organizing work.
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
• Effective public speaking and presentation in front of small and large diverse groups.
• Sound judgment and strong decision making ability to develop productive working relationships with staff and students.
• Dexterity of hands to operate a computer keyboard as well as seeing to read and review materials for accuracy.
• Hearing and speaking to exchange information with students, staff and public.
• Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
• Leadership abilities and the ability to embrace a challenge.
• Ability to forecast for future enrollment and budget needs.
Special Instructions to Applicants