Posting Number 20110217
Job Title Contracted Group Fitness Instructor
Job Category Staff
Position Summary Information
Job Description Summary
Southwestern Michigan College, a two-year college located approximately 30 minutes north of South Bend, Indiana, and approximately 30 minutes from Lake Michigan’s eastern shore is seeking contracted services for a Group Fitness Instructor who is trained to lead Hip-Hop and/or Zumba.
As a Group Fitness Instructor, you will provide cutting-edge group fitness instruction through a variety of entertaining, educational, and fun classes to promote fitness and positive self-esteem in a safe environment.
Act as a fitness resource for class participants. Maintain positive relationships with members to encourage continued class attendance.
- Develop positive relationships with class participants by teaching a variety of challenging and entertaining group fitness classes
- Clean and organize studio after each Group Fitness class
- Motivate members to continue to consistently attend Group Fitness classes
- Consistently meet daily class attendance goals
- High School Diploma or GED
- One-year experience as a fitness instructor
- CPR/AED certification
- Minimum of one nationally recognized Group Exercise Certification (Zumba and/or Hip-Hop)
Special Instructions to Applicants