About Quinsigamond Community College:
QCC was established in 1963 to provide access to higher education to residents of Central Massachusetts. Since the early 60s, enrollment has grown from 300 to over 13,000 full and part-time day and evening students served. QCC offers over 70 associate degree and certificate career options in Business, Health Care, Technology, Liberal Arts, and Human Services. Additionally, over 137 credit and 300 noncredit courses are offered online, and a wide variety of non-credit courses, workshops, and seminars are available through the Training and Education Center located in downtown Worcester. In addition to the main campus, the College provides additional programs in Southbridge, at the Senior Center in Worcester (Hotel/Restaurant Management), and at Burncoat High School (Automotive Technology).
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Human Resources Administrator will provide Human Resources support to the Associate Vice-President and to other staff in the Office of Human Resources. The Human Resources Administrator will interact with the College’s staff and students providing a variety of services: e.g., database administration, report preparation, data analysis, research and correspondence for labor and employee relations, and customer service.
Reports to the Associate Vice-President of Human Resources or designee.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: None
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Processing part-time and full-time new hires, including reviewing new hire information packets with employees, gathering withholding and other payroll information.
2. Personnel file maintenance.
3. Organizational chart maintenance.
4. Assist with applicant tracking/recruiting process. Respond to inquiries regarding applications.
5. Respond to inquiries regarding policies and procedures.
6. Benefits and payroll administration.
7. Respond to bargaining unit data requests as appropriate.
8. Actively supporting the teaching and learning process; practicing honesty and integrity in and out of the classroom; striving to create and support a student-centered environment while fostering academic innovation and excellence.
9. Working actively with other areas of the college to ensure a spirit of college wide collaboration, collegiality, civility, and teamwork. Respects the function of dissent in an academic institution while advancing a collegial atmosphere of campus collaboration.
10. Embracing the ideals of diversity and inclusiveness and supporting the equal rights of all people by advancing the understanding and appreciation of differences including age, race, gender, ability, religious convictions, socio-economic status, ethnic heritage, or sexual orientation.
11. Providing flexible, responsive and high quality service to all, be they students, community, or staff, and continuously assessing processes and procedures and revising accordingly.
12. Performing other duties as assigned.
1. An Associate’s Degree with a focus in Business Administration, business management or related field.
2. Experience working in Human Resources
3. Proficiency with MS Office products
4. Experience in high-volume customer service environment
5. Excellent oral and written communication skills
6. Must be detail-oriented
1. Experience with PeopleSoft payroll products a plus
2. Experience in HR report writing
3. Bi-lingual a plus
4. Desire to learn and grow in the human resources field
$15 per hour minimum starting rate. No benefits.
Part-time position hours are 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM weekdays, Monday through Friday
Visit our Web Site at www.QCC.edu for information about our college. All applicants must apply online and position remains open until filled. Successful applicants will be required to complete a Criminal Offender Record Information (COR/SORI) request. Bilingual persons are encouraged to apply. Quinsigamond Community College is an equal opportunity affirmative action college supporting diversity