School/Division: School of Continuing Education
Full-Time or Part-Time: Full-Time
Description: Continuing Education is seeking a Program Coordinator. The Program Coordinator will assist the Director of Finance, Registrar and Director of Technology with course and scheduling setup in the Jenzabar database, along with room scheduling, event planning and resource acquisition in the University’s R25 Scheduling database. Additionally, the Program Coordinator will utilize HTML and CSS to update and maintain both the CE website and various fields in the Jenzabar database. Maintenance of data within Jenzabar database will occur daily. Responsibilities also include registering students, making payments, issuance of refunds and performing daily reconciliation between Jenzabar and TouchNet marketplace. Reconciliation will also be performed between the daily Jenzabar Banner Finance feed and the actual Banner GL postings. Other duties assigned include tracking outstanding balances from students and third parties and being responsible for billing and collections. The Program Coordinator will also be involved in assisting with creation of reports and systems to track billing and collection information. The Program Coordinator will also assist on a daily basis with a wide array of information technology projects. He/she also assist in the development of departmental processes and procedures to improve operational efficiency and to ensure proper controls. Other duties as assigned. This position will require additional hours, evenings and weekends, in support of special projects and events. The Program Coordinator will report directly to the Senior Associate Dean of Continuing Education in Continuing Education.
Qualifications: The ideal candidate should have:
• Minimum 2-year required working knowledge of Jenzabar Higher Reach or equivalent non-credit registration database.
• Required working knowledge of TouchNet Marketplace.
• Ideal candidate should have a wide array of information technology skills (Hardware and software trouble shooting, HTML, CSS, Relationship Database Management, and reporting.)
• Must have strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office 2010 suite inclusive of word, excel, and access.
• Have the ability to work independently and as a member of a team
• Attentiveness to detail, strong organizational skills, strong interpersonal communication skills and customer service.
Requested Information: For consideration, please send a letter of application, resume and three references to:
Application Instructions: Colleen A. Slattery
Senior Associate Dean of Continuing Education
250 Hofstra University
Hempstead, NY 11549-2550
Deadline: Open until filled
Date Posted: 01/28/2013
Posting Number: 8-13