This job has Expired
Database and Advancement Associate
Database and Advancement Associate
Full Job Description
Children’s Day School (CDS) is a co-educational preschool through eighth grade serving over 450 students in the Mission Dolores neighborhood of San Francisco. Spanning two campuses, and home to a diverse community of students, faculty and families, CDS is a vibrant learning community. Our teachers practice constructivist teaching; born of “learning by doing,” it is how we achieve excellent academics. We believe that by encouraging children to fully engage in complex topics, and in myriad ways, we are giving them tools to become lifelong learners and passionate citizens of the world. To learn more about CDS, visit our website at www.cds-sf.org.
Children’s Day School seeks a full time Database and Advancement Associate to support the many aspects of the work of the Advancement Office including donor communications, gift processing, database management, event planning, donor research, communications, stewardship, and other administrative support. The ideal candidate is a team player with excellent communications skills, a thoughtful partner with a can-do attitude and flexibility, with attention to detail. This position works as part of the Advancement Team to support the mission and values of CDS while helping cultivate stronger relationships with families and donors.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
Gift and Database Management
- Manage all aspects of the donor database and maintains data integrity and accuracy, including database cleanup as well as handle all global changes, imports and other database functions
- Oversee donor acknowledgements and gift processing in a timely manner, including the accurate and timely processing of gifts, pledges, pledge reminders, payments, and gift receipts
- Ensure the ongoing documentation of the database setup, data entry procedures, and data output procedures.
- Generate a variety of reports to support fundraising efforts for staff and volunteers. Report on gift revenue progress and Advancement goals.
- Ensure personal recognition of all gifts by writing acknowledgment letters and communications to donors, preparing donor acknowledgement and pledge reminders, and donor stewardship pieces.
- Work closely with the business office to ensure monthly reconciliation (liaise with the business office to ensure that gift data is properly coded)
- Document pipeline and task assignments, track prospects and maintain timelines
- Acknowledge all campaign gifts and pledges and prepare pledge payment reminders and pledge agreements
- Work with the Director of Advancement to implement fundraising strategies for the Annual Fund, Capital Campaign, and event fundraising
- Nurture a culture of philanthropy among faculty, staff and families, and greater CDS community.
- Research and identify corporate, foundation and individual prospects
- Collaborate with colleagues to coordinate a variety of donor communications, including sending out email communications, invitations, newsletters, brochures, and other collateral as needed.
- Work with the Annual Fund & Events Manager and Campaign & Stewardship Manager to assist with event planning and day-of coordination, including Grandparents Day, Auction, Volunteer Appreciation and Country Fair, alumni gatherings, and other events as needed.
Experience and Qualifications
- Commitment to CDS’ mission and values.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from an accredited college or university preferred with two to five years of relevant experiences in development or communications, preferably in a non-profit or school setting.
- Database experience (e.g., Raisers’ Edge, Salesforce, or similar CRM donor management).
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills (written and verbal). Responds to communications in a timely manner.
- Ability to prioritize work, multi-task and take initiative to meet deadlines in a time-sensitive environment with attention to detail and accuracy. Works well under pressure in a demanding and fast-paced environment.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) and Google Apps.
- Excellent problem solver and eagerness to learn.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, great sense of humor, and discretion and good judgment Strong customer service mindset.
- Manages time effectively and meets deadlines and commitments.
- Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability to change as needed.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to interact professionally with culturally diverse staff, parents, alumni and students. Must be able to work with highly confidential information.
- Able to work occasional nights and weekends.
Salary will be based on qualifications and experience. Excellent benefits offered including medical, dental and vision insurance and a retirement plan. CDS is an equal opportunity employer.
**CDS is an equal opportunity employer. Our community is diverse in many ways, inclusive of race/ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender spectrum, age, ability, and more. We welcome and value the same in our faculty and staff.**
*Please mention you saw this ad on CommunityCollegeJobs.*