Lifeguard/Pool Operator - Part Time
- Community College of Baltimore County
- Location: Catonsville, Maryland
- Category: Admin-Campus Safety And Police
- Posting Date: 07/04/2016
- Application Deadline: 10/31/2016
|The purpose of this class is to maintain constant surveillance of the pools, render appropriate emergency services, and inspect the pool and report unsafe conditions.|
High School Diploma or GED
Two years' experience as a lifeguard
Red Cross Lifeguard Certification
Red Cross First Aid Certification
Red Cross CPR Certification
AED and Oxygen Training
Certified Pool Operator
Blood borne Pathogen training
Must be at least 18 years of age
|CLASS SPECIFIC ESSENTIAL DUTIES:|
1. Test and adjust water chemistry; interpret gauges, flow meters, and monitoring equipment.
2. Maintain operational and recirculation efficiency of various filters and systems.
3. Maintain pool chemicals and preventive maintenance logs for the pool.
4. Minimize hazards to all participants as well as staff and faculty by understanding and utilizing the requirements of proper chemical storage, usage, and handling.
5. Maintain constant surveillance of patrons in the facility; acts immediately and appropriately to secure safety of patrons in the event of an emergency.
6. Recognize and respond effectively in emergencies. Provide emergency care and treatment as required until the arrival of emergency medical services arrives.
7. Present professional appearance and attitude at all ties
8. Maintain a high standard of customer service.
9. Inspect the pool and report any unsafe conditions or equipment to supervisor.
10. Oversees the handling of identification cards as well as health, incident and waiver forms.
11. Prepare and maintain appropriate activity reports (e.g.: health surveys, sign in sheets).
12. Enforce all policies, rules, and regulations of the pool.
13. Provide a high level of customer service.
Essential Job Duties are intended to be examples of duties and are not intended to be all inclusive. There will be other duties as assigned.
|POSITION SPECIFIC ESSENTIAL DUTIES:|
|Positions located on the Dundalk & Essex campuses|