Antelope Valley College invites applications for our adjunct (temporary, part-time) faculty applicant pool for the following
SALARY: Salary Schedule E (currently $1,186.43 - $1,282.99 commensurate with education)
Adjunct instructors are hired on a semester basis and are paid per lecture hour equivalent
DEADLINE: Open Until Filled – Establishing a Pool
STARTING DATE: TBDINTRODUCTION:
To teach classes as assigned in the Technical Education division.
Required Minimum Qualifications: (Applicant must meet one of the following requirements)
• Most current Minimum Qualifications for Faculty in California Community Colleges:
Any Bachelor’s degree AND two years of professional experience OR any Associate’s degree AND six years of professional
• Academic Senate’s approved equivalency: April 18, 2019, expires April 18, 2022
College work equivalent to a Baccalaureate degree and two years of related occupational experience in the discipline; or
college work equivalent to an Associate degree plus six years of occupational experience related to the discipline, OR
Eight years’ experience as a journeyman welder or welding instructor. Part-time experience will be prorated, two years of
which must have included assignment as an instructor, trainer or supervisor in Welding field, AND
American Welding Society or Los Angeles City Welding Certification, OR
Nationally recognized certification, licenses.
AND a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of
community college students (Assembly Bill 1725; Education Code 87360).
• Instruct students in the assigned discipline.
• Assignment may include teaching courses during the day, evening, and/or off-campus sites.APPLICATION PROCEDURE
To be considered an applicant for an Adjunct Faculty position in the Antelope Valley Community College District, all of the
following documents must be submitted no later than 6:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 11:30 a.m. on Friday the
Required Application Materials:
1. A completed and signed Antelope Valley College Adjunct Faculty application
3. Transcripts of ALL college work (unofficial or copies accepted to begin file) that supports and substantiates the
requirements of the position. Transcripts must include verification of degrees conferred.
4. Two letters of recommendation related to your professional experience (within one year)
5. California Community College Credential, if held (possession of a CCC credential is not required)
6. For those disciplines with established Academic Senate’s approved equivalency; complete the
Supplemental Equivalency Request form (if applicant is applying based on an equivalency and is
requesting review, a blank form is provided with the application).
Note: Any degree from a country other than the United States, including Canada and Great Britain, must be evaluated by
an evaluation service.