This job has Expired
Administrative Assistant V - Human Resources
The Administrative Assistant V supports Human Resources and/or WDTC's Leadership Team in a variety of ways possessing excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills when working with co-workers, the general public, and internal and external constituents. Performs confidential administrative or managerial work requiring judgment and discretion. Highly organized with the ability to analyze data and apply processes.
Position Essential Duties
- Demonstrated ability to handle all confidential situations professionally and with discretion.
- Provides direct support to the Human Resources department utilizing current software programs and office technology with proficiency.
- Maintains departmental reports, spreadsheets, and databases with accuracy.
- Compose and process correspondence and statistical or technical reports. Prepare and complete all reports as assigned with accuracy.
- Coordinate meetings by making arrangements, preparing materials and agendas, or documents needed for the different types of meetings. Attend meetings as requested by supervisor and compile and record minutes for each meeting when requested.
- Coordinate and maintain supervisor's calendar, set up meetings and appointments as directed.
- Receive and assist visitors, screen telephone calls and refer them to appropriate persons as circumstances warrant.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and organize all duties.
- Monitor and comply with federal, state and WDTC policies and procedures.
- This position description in no way states or implies that the responsibilities and tasks are the only essential functions to be performed. The employee occupying this position will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job-related duties as required by his/her supervisor. All tasks assigned must be performed on a regular and consistent basis.
- High School Diploma (Associates Degree in Business/Management preferred)
- Office or managerial experience required, 3-5 years prior work related experience
- Positive attitude and works well with others
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively relate well to others
- Excellent planning, organizational and attention to detail skills
- Analyzing reports as appropriate
- Critical thinking skills
- Knowledge in basic accounting and record keeping
- Ability to interpret a variety of data and apply processes
- Event and project planning techniques/principles
- WDTC and departmental policies and procedures
- General clerical tasks
- Customer service techniques
- Demonstrated proficiency in current software applications applicable to the position including but not limited to Word, Excel, and database records management
- Planning and organizing
WDTC subscribes to the fullest extent to the principle of the dignity of all people and of their labors and will take action to ensure that applicants are employed, assigned, and promoted without regard to race, color, ethnic background, national origin, pregnancy, marital status, religion, creed, age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship, political affiliation, mental and/or physical challenge, disability, gender identity, gender expression status as a veteran, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state or local law. Every available opportunity will be taken in order to assure that each applicant for a position is selected on the basis of qualifications, merit, and ability. Inquiries may be directed to the Director of Human Resource at 605-718-2402. (8.1.2020)
ANNUAL SECURITY REPORT/CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS:
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act requires that the colleges Annual Security Report which includes crime statistics be made available to prospective employees and prospective students upon request. Western Dakota Technical College Annual Security Report includes statistics for the previous three years concerning reported Clery crimes that occurred on campus and on public property within or immediately adjacent to and accessible from the campus. The report also includes institutional policies concerning campus safety and security, such as those concerning alcohol and drug use, crime prevention, the reporting of crimes, sexual assault prevention and response, timely warnings, emergency response, and other matters. You may obtain this information through the Western Dakota Technical College website at https://www.wdt.edu/assets/docs/uploads/consumer-information/securityreport.pdf (Download PDF reader). A printed copy of the report may be obtained by writing to the Office of Institutional Effectiveness and Student Success, Western Dakota Technical College 800 Mickelson Dr., Rapid City, SD 57703 or by calling (605) 718-2931.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER - MUST COMPLY WITH THE IMMIGRATION REFORM AND CONTROL ACT OF 1986
*Please mention you saw this ad on CommunityCollegeJobs.*