ADJUNCT FACULTY | ILLUSTRATION| EXPERIMENTAL MEDIA| ON-CAMPUS
URGENT NEED, GREAT OPPORTUNITY TO TEACH PASSIONATE STUDENTS
Rocky Mountain College of Art + Design seeks qualified applicants for teaching Experimental Media on campus in the Illustration department as Adjunct Faculty who will be part of a growing, dynamic community of diverse educators. RMCAD is a small, premier college certified by HLC and NASAD offering degrees in fine and applied arts. RMCAD’s on-campus program consists of eight-week courses offered monthly. Adjunct faculty are assigned courses based on availability and student enrollment.
Help students explore new media and experiment with alternative surfaces and tools. Teach students advanced problem solving ability, greater command of a personal style in their artwork, as well as continued improvement in developing skills in illustration methods and materials. Interested candidates please submit a portfolio or web link showing professional illustrative work that demonstrates a propensity to experiment, the use of various types of media, and a unique personal style.
- Teaching and Instructional Activities: the practice and art of teaching, including evaluation by students, supervisor(s), and self. Faculty must also comply with all administrative and classroom management policies, procedures and instructional deadlines.
- Regularly record class attendance in Faculty Portal and submit midterm/final grades by the due date specified.
- Provide timely, periodic, and meaningful feedback to students on assignments and participation.
- Successfully complete online Faculty Certification Course, a two-week faculty online orientation and certification class administered through RMCAD’s Learning Management System.
- MFA and/or professional experience as an illustrator/designer, 18 graduate credit hours in the posted field or a related discipline.
- Must reside in CO
- Must be able to use various types of media, and a unique personal style
- Teaching experience at the college level is preferred
- Submit a portfolio or web link showing professional illustrative work that demonstrates a propensity to experiment, the use of various types of media, and a unique personal style.
HOW TO APPLY
Review of applicants will begin immediately. Please use the online application link to submit your cover letter, CV, unofficial transcripts as well as examples of your professional work and student work. PDF format is preferred, however the size limit for individual files is 5MB.