POSITION: Law Enforcement Officer I- Campus Police & Safety/Business Services Division
STARTING SALARY: $26,988.00 ($26,988.00- $38,460.00) -Actual starting salary will be commensurate with experience. Position# 021086 (ClassJC10/Slot0002/Band04)
MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
A high school diploma; certification as a Law Enforcement Officer by the South Carolina Justice Academy, a valid driver's license required. Must be at least 21 years of age. Two years of related law enforcement experience required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Working knowledge of the laws of the state of South Carolina, and the rules and regulations of York Technical College pertaining to campus safety and security, including civil rights laws. Ability to investigate accidents, disturbances and violations; deal tactfully and effectively with students, faculty, staff and the general public; and pass the state physical examination. Effective interpersonal and communication skills. Must be able to work in extreme temperatures (hot/cold). Bending, climbing, standing, reaching, stooping, kneeling, lifting, pushing, pulling, and operating/driving college vehicles. Must be able to lift at least 50lbs, is subject to overnight travel as required. Must be able to work rotating shifts, including nights and weekends.
1. Patrols in Campus Police vehicle and foot patrol, ensuring that the laws of the state of South Carolina and rules and regulations of York Technical College are enforced; checks facility security; and investigates disturbances and makes arrests as necessary. Must requalify with firearm and successfully complete defensive driving requirements as required by department.
2. Investigates using the correct investigative techniques and reporting findings to supervisors; completes and submits reports as required.
3. Issues citations for both parking and moving violations.
4. Provides building security: checks doors, walks buildings and reports issues to the Chief of Public Safety
5. Monitors parking areas/crosswalks and reports any maintenance needs.
6. Controls traffic during fire drills and emergencies. Performs other related duties as required.
To apply, please complete an on-line employment application at www.yorktech.edu/hr or come to the Human Resources Department, 452 South Anderson Road, Rock Hill, SC, 29730, to complete an on-line employment application. Applications accepted until June 30, 2019.
YORK TECHNICAL COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER. SOUTH CAROLINA LAW PROHIBITS EMPLOYMENT DISCRIMINATION BASED ON: RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEX, INCLUDING PREGNANCY & CHILDBIRTH (FOR RELATED MEDICAL CONDITIONS), AGE, OR DISABILITY. PURSUANT TO SECTION 41-1-110 OF THE CODE OF LAWS OF SC, AS AMENDED, THE LANGUAGE USED IN THIS DOCUMENT DOES NOT CREATE AN EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT BETWEEN THE EMPLOYEE AND THE EMPLOYER.