The Los Rios Community College District is a two-year public college district serving the greater Sacramento region. Our district includes American River, Cosumnes River, Folsom Lake and Sacramento City colleges; major centers in Placerville, Davis, West Sacramento, Elk Grove, Natomas and Rancho Cordova; and special services for business and industry.
Our colleges offer transfer education – students complete freshman and sophomore years and transfer to a four-year college or university – and AA/AS degrees and certificates in over 70 career fields. The District’s 2400 square mile service area includes Sacramento and El Dorado counties and parts of Yolo, Placer, and Solano counties. Approximately 80,000 students are enrolled in our colleges.
The District office houses a number of district-wide services. These include the Chancellor’s office, Board Room, Legal Services, Business Services, Human Resources, Institutional Research, District Police Department, Resource Development and Information Technology. Other district-wide services which can be found at various locations around the community are the, Facilities Management Department and the Workforce and Economic Development Center. Each department strives for the highest quality in all programs, services, and activities for our communities and staff.
The Los Rios Community College District is seeking a pool of qualified applicants for possible temporary part-time faculty teaching assignments. These positions are filled on an as needed basis and are on-going recruitment efforts.
Adjunct pools are open continuously and applicants are contacted/hired year round for assignments based on college needs.
Teaching assignments may include day, evening, on-line, hybrid, weekend, and/or off campus classes.
1. Have a bachelor’s degree AND two years of occupational and/or professional experience directly related to the assignment being taught; OR, an associate’s degree AND six years of occupational and/or professional experience directly related to the assignment being taught; OR, hold a California Community College Instructor’s Credential in the discipline area; OR, the equivalent.*
2. Have a current and valid certificate/license as a Registered Pharmacist or Certified Pharmacy Technician.
3. Have sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles.
*Note: Applicants applying under the “equivalent” provision must attach details and explain how their academic preparation is the equivalent of the degrees listed above.
Applicants applying to this Los Rios Community College District adjunct faculty posting are required to complete fully and submit:
1. Los Rios Community College District Faculty Application
2. Unofficial transcripts of college/university work ** (graduate advising documents and grade reports will not be accepted as unofficial transcripts). NOTE: Los Rios employees are also required to submit unofficial copies of transcripts.
3. Resume or Curriculum Vitae
4. Two letters of recommendation
5. Letter of Interest
6. Copy of current and valid certificate or license as a Registered Pharmacist or as a Certified Pharmacy Technician.
**Note: Applications submitted without transcripts will be disqualified. Also individuals who have completed college or university course work at an institution in a country other than the United States must obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts, degrees and other relevant documents. A foreign transcript evaluation is required any time foreign course work is used to meet minimum qualifications and/or salary placement even if the foreign transcript has been accepted by a college or university in the United States.
Foreign transcript evaluations ONLY accepted from AICE (Association of International Credential Evaluations, Inc.) or NACES (The National Association of Credential Evaluation Services) agencies or evaluators. Foreign Degree Transcript Evaluations click here
Do not submit additional materials that are not requested.