This is a pool of applicants for any Allied Health temporary positions that may become available within the Foothill - De Anza Community College District. Applications submitted to this temporary pool will be screened by HR for minimum qualifications. After your application has been screened you will receive an e-mail notification regarding your status.
Possible positions that may fall under this Allied Health temporary pool are:
- Allied Health Specialist ($10.00 - $50.00)
- EMT Specialist ($20.25)
- Paramedic Laboratory Support I – II ($10.00 - $50.00)
- Paramedic Specialist ($30.00)
- Per Diem Nurse Practitioner ($35.00 - $60.00)
- Per Diem Registered Nurse ($35.00 - $60.00)
The job descriptions for each job title are:
- Allied Health Specialists – Perform duties that may include assisting students in the Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT) or Health Technologies (HTEC) programs with completion of laboratory assignments and other special projects.
- EMT Specialist – Perform as an EMT proctor to assist, assess and evaluate current EMT students during lab hours. Duties to include EMT-level emergency care instruction and tutoring.
- Paramedic Laboratory Support I – Conduct laboratory training sessions, manage equipment, take inventory of supplies, restock supplies, and fill out all appropriate paperwork. Requires limited experience with the Paramedic laboratory support duties.
- Paramedic Laboratory Support II – Conduct laboratory training sessions, manage equipment, take inventory of supplies, restock supplies, and fill out all appropriate paperwork. Very similar to Paramedic Laboratory Support I, except a Paramedic Laboratory Support II tends to be a returning graduate who is assisting with the current program and has more filed and lab assisting experience.
- Paramedic Specialist – Perform as a Paramedic proctor to assist, assess and evaluate current Paramedic students during lab hours. Duties to include advanced Paramedic-level emergency care instruction and tutoring.
- Per Diem Nurse Practitioners – Provide all of the basic RN medical services as well as fulfill more complex duties including conduct Physical exams, Well-women exams, and prescribe medications to treat various health conditions.
- Per Diem Registered Nurse (RN) – Provide additional coverage in the Health Services office during very busy and/or peak periods each quarter. General duties include: conducting TB tests, immunizations, and other medical diagnostic tests; performing first aid and basic medical care.