Adjunct Faculty Co-operative Education/Work Experience
- Merced College
- Location: Merced, California
- Category: Faculty-Education-Edu. Admin & Leadership (study Of)
- Posting Date: 06/11/2020
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
This is a part-time instructional assignment in the Co-operative Education program at Merced College under the general direction of the Dean of English and Humanities. The maximum teaching load is 10 units per semester, which may include evening and weekend hours.
This position is contingent upon funding at the time of hire
Examples of Duties
- Provide instruction in accordance with established course outlines and expectations
- Inform students about course requirements, evaluation procedures and attendance policy
- Maintain required student attendance and scholastic records
- Prepare and grade class assignments and examinations
- Post and maintain regular office hours in accordance with prevailing policy
- Participate in the development and review of curriculum
- Participate in the development of teaching-learning methods and materials
- Participate in departmental, area and campus professional activities/committees
- Participate in the college's learning outcomes assessment program, including course, program, and institutional assessments
- Perform tasks needed for student records, e.g., submit grades on time to admissions and records
- Master's degree in any discipline in which work experience may be provided
- Must have sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students
- Current technology skills related to teaching in the discipline and a willingness to pursue future technological developments.
How to Apply:
Candidates will submit a complete application on the Merced College Career Pages at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/mccd/promotionaljobs
- Letter of interest addressing your qualifications for the position
- List three professional references
- Legible unofficial college transcripts (undergraduate and graduate). Transcripts must include the degree major and date the institution granted the degree. Official copies are not required unless applicant is hired.
- Foreign transcripts must include a U.S. evaluation and translation. http://www.ctc.ca.gov/credentials/leaflets/cl635.pdf (Download PDF reader)
- Diversity Statement: Provide a statement about yourself that specifically demonstrates sensitivity to the needs of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and the community at large. Your response is limited to one (1) page.
- OPTIONAL: Equivalency Review Form, if applicable. (Required for applicants who do not possess the stated minimum educational qualifications and are seeking consideration on the basis of equivalency) http://www.mccd.edu/offices/hr/jobs/eqforms.html
Individuals with disabilities may request any needed accommodation to participate in the application process. Please submit your request with your application to the Human Resources Office.
Interview Information: Those applicants deemed most qualified for the position will be invited to appear for oral interviews before a screening committee which includes a 15-minute teaching demonstration on a selected topic. A limited number of candidates will be invited to interviews. Expenses for travel and accommodations will be the responsibility of the candidates.
Employee Benefits: Faculty employed on a part-time hourly basis shall earn sick leave credit at the rate of one (1) hour for each twenty (20) hours of paid service.
Condition of Employment: The selected candidate must be fingerprinted and tested for tuberculosis at his/her own expense prior to the start of employment. In compliance with the Immigration Reform Act of 1986, all new employees are required to verify their identity and the right to work in the United States. An applicant must be able to perform essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations. All offers of employment are subject to approval by the Board of Trustees.