2018-2019 PT Instructor Pool - Barber/Cosmetology
- Madison Area Technical College
- Location: Madison, Wisconsin
- Category: Faculty-Vocational & Technical-Cosmetology
- Posting Date: 01/16/2019
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
|Position Title:||2018-2019 PT Instructor Pool - Barber/Cosmetology|
|Open Until Filled||Yes|
|Transfer Requests and Application Due By:|
|Department:||School of Business & Applied Arts|
Madison Area Technical College is recruiting a pool of qualified part-time candidates to teach courses for the Barber/Cosmetology program. Applications will be accepted on a continuous basis for the 2018-2019 academic school year. Starting salary depends on qualifications and experience. Health and dental benefits are NOT provided.
|Organizational Function and Responsibilities:||
This position is responsible for instruction in the Barber/Cosmetology program at the college level. This includes developing a relevant and progressive curriculum, designing and implementing effective learning strategies and environments, delivering instruction of high quality, assessing student learning, advising students, and participating in college service activities at the department, division and college levels.
This position reports to the Associate Dean – School of Business and Applied Arts.
The following duties are typically expected of this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
1. Responsible for instruction in the Barber/Cosmetology program including but not limited to the following courses: Barber/Cosmetology Theory 1 – 5, Barber/Cosmetology Techniques 1 – 3, Barber/Cosmetology Sales & Advertising 1 & 2, and Barber/Cosmetology Apprenticeship courses, as needed.
2. Develop and plan appropriate instructional strategies and alternative delivery strategies when appropriate including but not limited to hybrid, face-to-face and on-line course delivery.
3. Participate in in-service meetings, convocation training, staff development training or other activities or programs requested by the Department.
4. Assist and advise students who have problems with assignments, tests, grades, course content, career concerns, and other academic matters.
5. Comply with college policies and directions regarding student testing, record keeping, advanced standing, providing grades on a timely basis, evaluating student performance and maintaining office hours for student assistance and counseling, etc.
6. Maintain competencies as an instructor as aligned with the Faculty Quality Assurance System.
7. Assist students in developing work experience assignments such as internships, work study assignments, team projects, etc.
8. Demonstrate a commitment to the college’s mission, vision and values.
|Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities||
1. Knowledge of current educational methods and strategies, including learner-centered instruction, assessment, evaluation and collaborative techniques and strategies that address closing the gap in student access and achievement across race, gender and disability.
2. Skill in the use of educational technology and alternative delivery methods.
3. Knowledge and ability to infuse multicultural perspectives into course content and delivery.
4. Skill in communications and human relations with populations having diverse socio-economic and racial backgrounds, as well as individuals with disabilites.
5. Ability to interact with business and industry to establish partnerships.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:||
This pool will close on approximately January 31, 2019. If you are not contacted by this time and you are still interested in employment with Madison College, you will be asked to reapply to a new pool. All communications will be through the e-mail provided on your application materials.
When applying for this position, the system will prompt you to respond to the following supplemental questions. Failure to respond MAY RESULT IN THEDISQUALIFICATION OF YOUR APPLICATION.