ASP Activity Leader - All Locations
- West Hills Community College District
- Location: Multiple Locations, California
- Category: Admin-Other Administrative Positions
- Posting Date: 01/23/2019
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
- Job Description
West Hills College Lemoore
Activity Leader - After School Program
$13.50 per hour
19 hours per week/9 months per yearTemporary EmploymentRetirement: Employee Contribution to Apple 3.75%Employer Contribution to Apple 3.75%
- Position Duties
Under the direction of the Director of After School Program and Upward Bound, develop and coordinate student activities for LIFE After School Program students.
Distinguishing Career Features
Duties include supervising daily activities, train middle and high school student tutors; maintain a variety of attendance and performance records for audit and compliance purposes; provide direct instructional assistance to students.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Accurate completion of appropriate forms to obtain state funding according to established policies and procedures.
- Prepare monthly progress reports on participating program students regarding academic tutoring, enrichment activities, social development and discipline.
- Compile a variety of reports regarding tutorial services, students tutored and other special reports.
- Travel to various program sites as needed to conduct work.
- Communicate with Director/Coordinator, students, parents and teachers to facilitate and promote program participation, resolve issues and support student success.
- Maintain attendance records for ADA, compliance reports, audits and District evaluation; and issue monthly updates as needed.
- Implement retention strategies for all students participating in program.
- Maintain an effective, pleasant and caring learning environment for all students in the academic learning environment; maintain an organized, disciplined and productive learning environment.
- Create, utilize and maintain a collection of tutor support materials. Assist in developing and delivery of instructional lesson plans and workshops.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills
This position requires knowledge in techniques and methods used in academic tutoring, implementing training principles and practices and following work direction. Operation of computer and data entry techniques are required. Knowledge of applicable laws, rules and regulations related to schools and assigned activities. Oral and written communication skills. Record-keeping techniques. Knowledge of correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary. Sufficient knowledge in interpersonal skills using tact, professionalism, patience and courtesy. Modern office procedures and equipment.
This position requires the ability to work effectively with the Program Director/Coordinator, staff, parents, teachers and youth. Ability to promote program services to students, parents and teachers. Ability to provide direct instructional assistance to student and direct recreational activities for youth. Ability to operate computer and related software applications. Ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. The ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships. Ability to a plan and organize work documentation and activities. Ability to work independently with little direction. Ability to maintain records and prepare reports. Ability to attend and apply training and follow directions.
Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a keyboard. Sitting or standing for extended periods of time. Bending at the waist to assist students. Hearing and speaking to exchange information.
Education and Experience
This position requires an Associate's degree or 48 units of college level coursework that includes Mathematics and English/Language Arts or pass the Paraprofessional Exam AND one year of experience in a classroom, community or volunteer service with youth.
Must a have CPR/First Aid certificate or be willing to obtain one within 3 months of employment.
Licenses and Certificates
Requires a valid driver's license
- Supplemental Information
*Incomplete applications will not be accepted. It is the candidates' responsibility to make sure the application packet is complete.*
- Online District Application
- Unofficial Transcripts
West Hills Community College District is an equal opportunity employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender status, marital status, pregnancy, age, disability, genetic information or covered veteran's status consistent with applicable federal and state laws. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose.
Background Check: All of our positions require the ability to pass a background and live scan.
Drug Testing: In accordance with the Drug Free Environment of WHCCD, The applicant understands that if he/she is selected for employment, as a part of their employment they will be required to submit to a drug and alcohol test as a part of the health examination.
Selection Process: Depending upon the number of applicants who meet the minimum qualifications, the examination process may include a qualifications screening by a committee. Those demonstrating the strongest backgrounds related to the position will be invited to interview.