2018-2019 PT Instructor Pool - Adult Basic Education (Spanish GED)
- Madison Area Technical College
- Location: Madison, Wisconsin
- Category: Faculty-Education-Adult And Distance Education (study Of)
- Posting Date: 01/24/2019
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
|Position Title:||2018-2019 PT Instructor Pool - Adult Basic Education (Spanish GED)|
|Request Type:||New Position|
|Open Until Filled||Yes|
|Transfer Requests and Application Due By:|
|Department:||School of Academic Advancement|
Madison Area Technical College is recruiting a pool of qualified part-time candidates to teach courses for the Adult Basic Education program. Applications will be accepted on a continuous basis for the 2018-2019 academic school year. Starting salary depends on qualifications and experience. Health and dental benefits are NOT provided.
|Organizational Function and Responsibilities:||
This position is responsible for instruction in Adult Basic Education at the college level. This includes developing a relevant and progressive curriculum; designing and implementing effective learning strategies and environments; delivering instruction of high quality; assessing student learning; advising students; and participating in college service activities at the department, division and college levels.
This position reports to the Associate Dean – School of Academic Advancement.
The following duties are typically expected of this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
1. Responsible for instruction in the Adult Basic Education program.
2. Develop and plan appropriate instructional strategies and alternative delivery strategies when appropriate including but not limited to hybrid, face-to-face and on-line course delivery.
3. Participate in in-service meetings, convocation training, staff development training or other activities or programs requested by the Department.
4. Assist and advise students who have problems with assignments, tests, grades, course content, career concerns, and other academic matters.
5. Comply with college policies and directions regarding student testing, record keeping, advanced standing, providing grades on a timely basis, evaluating student performance and maintaining office hours for student assistance and counseling, etc.
6. Maintain competencies as an instructor as aligned with the Faculty Quality Assurance System.
7. Perform such other duties as assigned by the President or designee.
8. Demonstrate a commitment to the college’s mission, vision and values.
|Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities||
1. Knowledge of current educational methods and strategies, including learner-centered instruction, assessment, evaluation and collaborative techniques and strategies that address closing the gap in student access and achievement across race, gender and disability.
2. Skill in the use of educational technology and alternative delivery methods.
3. Knowledge and ability to infuse multicultural perspectives into course content and delivery.
4. Skill in communications and human relations with populations having diverse socio-economic and racial backgrounds, as well as individuals with disabilities.
5. Skill in the delivery of basic skills instruction to adult learners attached to 2-year occupational education programs.
1. Bachelor’s degree in ESL, Elementary Education, Secondary Education, Adult Education, or Special Education or
2. Two years of teaching experience at the elementary level or
3. Bilingual in English and Spanish.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:||
Madison College utilizes pool postings for all PT Instructor positions at the College. You will be considered as a POTENTIAL candidate who could possibly fill a position if/when the need arises. By posting these positions, there is no guarantee that Madison College will actually be hiring for this position.
This pool will close on approximately January 31, 2019. If you are not contacted by this time and you are still interested in employment with Madison College, you will be asked to reapply to a new pool. All communications will be through the e-mail provided on your application materials.
When applying for this position, the system will prompt you to respond to the following supplemental questions. Failure to respond MAY RESULT IN THEDISQUALIFICATION OF YOUR APPLICATION.