2018-2019 PT Pool Instructor - Political Science
- Madison Area Technical College
- Location: Madison, Wisconsin
- Category: Faculty-Liberal Arts-Political Science
- Posting Date: 01/30/2019
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
|Position Title:||2018-2019 PT Pool Instructor - Political Science|
|Request Type:||New Position|
|Open Until Filled||Yes|
|Transfer Requests and Application Due By:|
|Department:||School of Arts & Sciences|
Madison Area Technical College is recruiting a pool of qualified part-time candidates to teach courses in the Political Science program. Applications will be accepted on a continuous basis for the 2018-2019 academic school year. Starting salary depends on qualifications and experience. Health and dental benefits are NOT provided.
|Organizational Function and Responsibilities:||
This position is responsible for instruction in the Political Science program at the college level. This includes developing a relevant and progressive curriculum, designing and implementing effective learning strategies and environments, delivering instruction of high quality, assessing student learning, advising students, and participating in college service activities at the department, division and college levels.
This position reports to the Associate Dean- School of Arts and Sciences.
The following duties are typically expected of this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
1. Responsible for facilitating student learning in the Political Science program, including but not limited to the following courses: Political Science.
2. Develop and plan appropriate instructional strategies and alternative delivery strategies when appropriate including but not limited to hybrid, face-to-face and on-line course delivery.
3. Participate in in-service meetings, convocation training, staff development training or other activities or programs requested by the Department.
4. Assist and advise students who have problems with assignments, tests, grades, course content, career concerns, and other academic matters.
5. Comply with college policies and directions regarding student testing, record keeping, advanced standing, providing grades on a timely basis, evaluating student performance and maintaining office hours for student assistance and counseling, etc.
6. Maintain competencies as an instructor as aligned with the Faculty Quality Assurance System.
7. Demonstrate a commitment to the college’s mission, vision and values.
|Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities||
1. Knowledge of current educational methods and strategies, including learner-centered instruction, assessment, evaluation and collaborative techniques and strategies that address closing the gap in student access and achievement across race, gender and disability.
2. Skill in the use of educational technology and alternative delivery methods.
3. Knowledge and ability to infuse multicultural perspectives into course content and delivery.
4. Skill in communications and human relations with populations having diverse socio-economic and racial backgrounds, as well as individuals with disabilities.
1. Master’s Degree in Political Science or Master’s Degree in related area with 18 graduate credits in Political Science from an accredited public or private institution.
a. Foreign Transcript Evaluation: If using a foreign transcript for qualification, applicant must provide a course-by-course evaluation report to verify foreign transcripted credit equivalency. A translation of the transcript will not be sufficient to determine equivalency.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:||SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS:
Madison College utilizes pool postings for all PT Instructor positions at the College. You will be considered as a POTENTIAL candidate who could possibly fill a position if/when the need arises. By posting these positions, there is no guarantee that Madison College will actually be hiring for this position.
This pool will close on approximately January 31, 2019. If you are not contacted by this time and you are still interested in employment with Madison College, you will be asked to reapply to a new pool. All communications will be through the e-mail provided on your application materials.
When applying for this position, the system will prompt you to respond to the following supplemental questions. Failure to respond MAY RESULT IN THEDISQUALIFICATION OF YOUR APPLICATION.