Dance Instructor Part-Time Pool
- South Orange County Community College District
- Location: Mission Viejo, California
- Category: Faculty-Fine And Applied Arts-Theatre And Dance
- Posting Date: 01/31/2019
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Job Category:Part-Time Faculty
Job Opening ID:PTF 2013
Position Title:Dance Instructor Part-Time Pool
Salary Schedule:Click here for current Salary Schedules
Pay Rate:Commensurate with education.
Instruct classes in Dance as assigned.
Representative Duties and Responsibilities:
Instruct classes as assigned. Participate in general faculty functions related to the educational program and in-service activities. Assignments may include day, evening, and/or weekend courses.
Assignment Type:Part-time Faculty
The successful candidate must meet one of the following criteria:
1. Master’s degree or higher in dance, physical education with a dance emphasis, or theater with dance emphasis from an accredited college or university; OR
2. Bachelor’s degree in any of the above AND a Master’s degree physical education, any life science, physiology, theater arts, kinesiology, humanities, performing arts, or music from an accredited college or university; OR
3. Valid California Community College instructor credential appropriate to the subject per Education Code 87355 (issued prior to July 1, 1990); OR
4. A combination of education and experience that is at least the equivalent of items 1 or 2 above (Applicants applying on the basis of equivalency must complete all Equivalency questions on their application in addition to all other required materials).
Conditions of Employment:
Part-time, temporary, hourly assignments are on an as needed basis.
This is an ONGOING recruitment. We accept part time faculty applications all year long; when the department or division has a need to fill, they refer to the “pool” of part time faculty applications on file.
APPLICATIONS AND INQUIRIES
All interested applicants must complete an online Part Time Academic Application located on our Employment Web site at https://jobs.socccd.edu. All required documents must also be submitted (may be attached online). Any inquiries may be directed to:
Office of Human Resources
South Orange County Community College District
28000 Marguerite Parkway
Mission Viejo, CA 92692
SOCCCD is an Equal Opportunity Employer