Accounting Instructor Part-time Pool
- South Orange County Community College District
- Location: Mission Viejo, California
- Category: Faculty-Business-Accounting
- Posting Date: 01/31/2019
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Job Category:Part-Time Faculty
Job Opening ID:PTF 2015
Position Title:Accounting Instructor Part-time Pool
Department:Accounting and Finance (Dist-PTF-001)
Salary Schedule:Click here for current Salary Schedules
Pay Rate:Commensurate with education.
Instruct classes in Accounting as assigned.
Representative Duties and Responsibilities:
Instruct classes as assigned. Participate in general faculty functions related to the educational program and in-service activities. Assignments may include day, evening, and/or weekend courses.
Assignment Type:Part-time Faculty
The successful candidate must meet one of the following criteria:
1. Master’s degree (or higher) in accountancy or business administration with accounting concentration from an accredited college or university; OR
2. Bachelor’s degree in business with accounting emphasis or business administration with accounting emphasis or economics with an accounting emphasis AND a Master’s degree in business, business administration, business education, economics, taxation, or finance from an accredited college or university; OR
3. Valid California Community College instructor credential, appropriate to the subject, per Education Code 87355 (issued prior to July 1, 1990); OR
4. A combination of education and experience that is at least the equivalent of items 1 or 2 above (Applicants applying on the basis of equivalency must complete all Equivalency questions on their application in addition to all other required materials). (NOTE: A Bachelor’s degree in accountancy or business administration with an accounting concentration, with a CPA license valid in California, is an alternative qualification for this discipline).
Conditions of Employment:
Part-time, temporary, hourly assignments are on an as needed basis.
This is an ONGOING recruitment. We accept part time faculty applications all year long; when the department or division has a need to fill, they refer to the “pool” of part time faculty applications on file.
APPLICATIONS AND INQUIRIES
All interested applicants must complete an online Part Time Academic Application located on our Employment Web site at https://jobs.socccd.edu. All required documents must also be submitted (may be attached online). Any inquiries may be directed to:
Office of Human Resources
South Orange County Community College District
28000 Marguerite Parkway
Mission Viejo, CA 92692
SOCCCD is an Equal Opportunity Employer