Lassen Community College District
Susanville, CA 96130
Director of Development, Alumni, and Community Relations
Closing Date: 02/27/2019
Salary: $56,641.73 - $68,836.51
Under the direction of the Superintendent/President and the Foundation Board, the Director of Development, Alumni and Community Relations provides long-range strategic leadership and day-to-day administration of the Lassen Community College Foundation.
The Director of Development, Alumni and Community Relations is responsible for a wide range of duties within the areas of resource development and donor cultivation for new endowments and donations to provide scholarships to students while enhancing the visibility of Lassen Community College.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university, or equivalent; Three or more years of demonstrated successful experience in the planning, development and implementation of capital campaigns for public or private organizations; or other related experience.
Licenses and Certificates:
A valid Driver’s License.
Post-graduate degree desirable. The position requires well-developed knowledge of special programs in higher education and related grant or other funding mechanisms. Requires highly developed human relations skills to seek out resources, carry out negotiations, and make presentations to small audiences. Requires highly developed writing skills sufficient to prepare professional quality proposals, reports, and presentations in narrative, graph, and technical formats. Requires skill at establishing performance goals and measurements.
Requires the ability to perform all the responsibilities of the position. Requires the ability to secure an acceptable level of funding through grants and related forms. Requires the ability to make formal presentations. Requires the ability to work with minimal supervision. Requires the ability to learn and interpret rules and regulations governing grants and grantee performance. Requires the ability to develop and administer financial proposals. Requires the ability to travel and work varying work shifts.
Requires ambulatory ability to locate to various work sites and to travel within the State. Requires hand-arm-eye coordination to retrieve work documents and use a personal computer keyboard. Requires visual acuity to view presentation quality images. Requires auditory ability to carry on conversations in person and over the phone and project voice to a large audience.
• Work with the Foundation to identify the strengths and weaknesses of existing efforts and determine areas of improvement and development.
• Work with the Foundation Board and college staff to develop a comprehensive plan to widen our donor base and establish an annual endowment of $100,000.
• Work with the Foundation Board on the establishment of an effective and involved alumni association.
• Develop new opportunities for the Lassen College Foundation.
• The Director of Development, Alumni and Community Relations collaborates with others in the community to increase and maintain the foundation’s visibility.
• The Director of Development, Alumni and Community Relations is responsible for preparing and proposing an annual budget to the Foundation Board.
• Blue Ribbon Committee Leadership.
• Assist the Director of Athletic Operations with fundraising and capital projects/campaigns.
• Assist and develop student activities.
• Develop social media campaigns.
• Lead capital campaign.
• The final scope of work will be negotiated with selected Foundation board members, college administration, and staff.
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume/CV, Unofficial Transcripts (Degree Posted)