Job TitleSenior Software Developer
Position TitleSenior Software Developer, Application Development
College of Lake County is seeking a Senior Software Developer to provide administration and technical support for its PeopleSoft Campus Solutions, HCM, and Financials systems.
CLC is a comprehensive community college located in northeastern Illinois committed to being an innovative educational institution providing life-changing paths for our students by offering exceptional learning experiences. The college is widely recognized for student success, business and community partnerships and for the achievements of our faculty, staff and alumni.
The ideal candidate will have experience in PeopleSoft Campus Solutions version 9.2 applications implementation, upgrades, and production support/maintenance. Products supported also include other 3rd party system integrated into the technical infrastructure. Qualified candidates will have business process exposure in a higher education environment, preferably with student systems.
CLC offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits that currently includes BlueCross/BlueShield of Illinois health, Delta dental and Superior vision insurance plans, tuition support for employees and qualified family members, three retirement plans, disability, group and supplemental life insurance, health and dependent care flexible spending account plans, a four-day work week in the summer (Fridays off!), generous vacation, sick and personal time off and 13 paid holidays each year.
1.Bachelor’s Degree with emphasis in information technologies or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Five (5) or more years progressive experience in developing, enhancing and supporting departmental applications in a networked, multi-vendor diverse platform environment.
3. Five (5) or more years of demonstrated systems analyst or application designs skills in a business or educational environment. Experience in analysis, data design, report writing, testing, installing, maintenance, documenting, and end-user training.
4. Knowledge of large, enterprise RDBMS such as Oracle, SQL Server, or DB2.
5. Demonstrated good judgment in investigating and escalating problems.
6. Ability to work well independently and within a team, provide direction and sharing knowledge with other team members.
7. Ability to effectively handle multiple and competing demands, constructively resolve conflicts, and work cooperatively in group situations.
8. Ability to organize and manage time effectively to satisfy project goals and coordinate work on multiple tasks.
9. Solid interpersonal skills with ability to work well with people of all levels of information technology expertise and comfort in varied organizational relationships.
1. Experience or coursework in Peopletools (8.54 and above), Integration Tools, Application Engine, SQR, and XML Publisher; and knowledge of PeopleSoft Campus Solutions 9.0 or higher (or other ERP system in a higher education setting).
2. Demonstrated good judgment in investigating and escalating problems.
3. Ability to work well independently and within a team, provide direction and sharing knowledge with other team members.
4. Ability to effectively handle multiple and competing demands, constructively resolve conflicts, and work cooperatively in group situations.
5. Ability to organize and manage time effectively to satisfy project goals and coordinate work on multiple tasks.
6. Solid interpersonal skills with ability to work well with people of all levels of information technology expertise and comfort in varied organizational relationships.
7. Ability to code in ASP .NET; 8. Ability to build Web services to 3rd party technologies.
Special Instructions Summary
Application review will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
Pay RateTo commensurate with education and experience.
Total Hours per week40
Core hours are Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. These hours will vary with the needs of the College.
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with disabilities. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V