Position TitleManager of Advancement Services
DepartmentStrategy, Planning and Effectiveness
Union/Non UnionNon Union
Full Time or Part TimeFull Time
Hiring Salary Range$63,726 - $70,099/Annually
Regular or TemporaryRegular
Job Description Summary
Using independent judgment, develops highly specialized technical applications and processes that are essential to the operational efficiency of the college’s Office of Institutional Advancement (OIA). Works collaboratively with other college departments to assure operational synergies and serves as the primary liaison with external service providers.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Three years of experience in higher education, preferably in advancement setting.
- Two years of database systems experience required, preferably in higher education.
- Three years of supervisory experience.
CRITERIA: The following criteria, which are not the sole criteria used in the final hiring decision, will be used to review the applications of those persons who meet the stated minimum qualifications and to select those qualified applicants who will be interviewed. Other information and observations made during the interview process may be considered in the selection process. Resume/CV and cover letter are required with the application. Please ensure that your documents address the criteria listed below for this position.
- Technology literate with ability to interpret and translate technology and data needs between Office of OIA end users, Technology Services personnel and external vendors.
- Knowledge of how to develop and apply automated technical solutions to day-to-day office functions.
- Proactive, highly motivated, and detail-oriented with the ability to work collaboratively with other members of the OIA staff, members of the college community and external constituents.
- Strong working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite, donor tracking and database management and ability to utilize the web and social media as a marketing, engagement and communication tool.
- Proficient at developing and refining systems and procedures that ensure the smooth functioning of office operations.
- Advanced experience working with spreadsheets, report design, and data retrieval.
- Progressive knowledge of advancement support services that anticipates and responds to fund-raising and friend-raising needs.
- Ability to initiate and manage projects from conception to implementation.
- Ability to produce detailed project plans, workflows and scripts.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must be available to work Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Work schedule subject to change based on the needs of the department.
- Ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written standard English.
- As required by the 1986 Immigration Act, be prepared to present acceptable documentation showing your identity and that you are a U.S. citizen or an alien who is authorized to work.
- A limited background investigation will be conducted prior to offer of employment. A signed authorization for release of personal information will be required if selected for an interview.
Is Background Check Required?Yes
Open Until FilledYes
Special Instructions to Applicants
A limited background investigation will be conducted prior to offer of employment. A signed authorization for release of personal information will be required if selected for an interview.