This job has Expired
Distance Learning Associate
Full Job Description
Assist faculty in the development of online courses.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of online courses.
- Coordinate the pre-evaluations of transfer students into the online programs.
- Effectively resolve student concerns and issues.
- Seek technology which would enhance course of all delivery methods.
- Recruit and provide specialized training for online faculty.
- Coordinate professional development for online faculty.
- Coordinate the online marketing efforts to recruit online students to the College.
- Create online campaigns driving traffic to Iowa Centrals website.
- Create landing pages for 8-week online programs.
- Manage the marketing budget for lead generation.
- Maintain administrative duties of Salesforce.
- Update curriculum for the program.
- Coordinate placement testing for online students.
- Troubleshoot issues related to technology.
- Engage in professional development activities and seek information concerning developing trends and ideas relating to online teaching.
- Contribute to the achievement of department goals, objectives and responsibilities.
- Demonstrate a determined effort to maintain a good working relationship with all other employees of the College.
- Maintain accurate records of students and faculty.
- Coordinate and assign instructors to teach online classes.
- Ensure correct textbooks are being used and instructors receive updates when they are changed.
- Engage in student or instructor email communications during evenings and weekends.
- Effectively communicate with the technology staff, students, and department staff.
- Maintain confidentiality of student information.
- Attend meetings as required by the College.
- Exercise stewardship of College facilities, equipment, and materials, reporting needed repairs and supervising students regarding the use of facilities and equipment.
- Support College sponsored activities and events.
- Support and promote the vision/mission of the College and work to achieve the vision/mission of the College.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Be able and willing to represent Iowa Central Community College in a positive manner with prospective, former, and current students, clients, suppliers, and the community we serve.
- Project enthusiasm and an attitude of genuine concern for students academic needs.
- Communicate program availability and information to student and school personnel.
- Work cooperatively with the Distance Learning Staff, the Department Deans, and the faculty.
- Possess a working knowledge of educational programming and curriculum responsibilities.
- Assume responsibility; deal effectively with problems and exercise independent judgment when making decisions.
- Express oneself clearly and effectively in written and oral form.
- Demonstrate strong human relations, communication, and academic advising skills.
- Conduct activities in the Center in a manner that is acceptable and consistent with Department and College objectives, guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with colleagues, staff, administrators, clients and the general public.
- Be sensitive to students needs and treat them with proper respect.
- Be available to assist students with program questions outside of class time.
Please upload your resume and unofficial transcripts.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the essential job duties/responsibilities and performance expectations of the job, which should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individual may perform other duties as assigned.
We offer a complete benefits package to full-time employees including medical, dental, retirement (IPERS or TIAA), life insurance (2x base salary up to $300,000), long-term disability, holidays (6), vacation (15days), personal days (16 hours), volunteer leave (8 hours) and sick leave (80) hours. The leaves listed are annual ? and some of the leave benefits may be prorated based on date of hire.
In addition, we offer several voluntary benefits including: vision, supplemental employee, spouse and children life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and 403b retirement savings.
*Please mention you saw this ad on CommunityCollegeJobs.*