This job has Expired
Instructor in Biology
To contribute to the success of Clovis Community College students through effective teaching, advising, continuous professional development, and service to the College and the community.
THIS IS A 9 MONTH FACULTY CONTRACT. COMPENSATION IS ISSUED OVER A 12 MONTH PERIOD. (Summer classes are paid on a per credit hour basis and not part of the 9-month contract.)
- Prepare and teach the lecture and lab for 1000 and 2000 level courses in Human Anatomy and Physiology, Biology, and non-majors science.
- Teach 15 credit hours each fall and spring semester.
- May include day, evening, online, live online, hybrid, and mixed mode courses.
- Teaching assignment may include courses provided for high school students under the provisions of the dual credit policy of the state of New Mexico.
- The instructor may teach additional courses, including courses for area high school students as part of the contract or on an overload basis, by agreement with the Division Chair and Executive Vice President.
- Consult with students during office hours and participate in orientation, registration, committees, councils, in-service, student advisement, and professional development activities.
- In collaboration with other members of the division, determine course content and curricula.
- Fulfill all functions of a faculty member, including those related to teaching, faculty service, assessment of student academic achievement, and professional development.
- Participate in college-wide studies and projects, providing information as requested.
- Demonstrate or actively work to attain proficiency with such technologies as may be useful in instruction, including personal computers, presentation software, computer-generated tutorials, and learning management systems.
- Instructor will be required to set up, teach, and take down all labs for the courses taught.
- An updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) or resume.
- A cover letter
- Copy of Unofficial transcripts
*Please mention you saw this ad on CommunityCollegeJobs.*