RF Systems and Satellite Communications Engineer-20341
Summary: RF systems design, analysis and development for space and ground segments in the National Security Space business area.
Perform conceptual systems design, simulation, link analysis, hardware trade studies, technical tradeoffs, and costing for satellite communications and RF system design concepts for both space and ground segments.
Work with mission and spacecraft systems engineers, peer subsystem engineers and project management in overall mission development and execution from concept to launch, including technical concept design, requirements, development phases, technical reviews, budget development and schedule.
- Lead technical teams throughout the RF systems development cycle, including system concept, trade studies, prototype work, flight development, integration, and test.
Assist project and program management in sponsor engagement.
- BS or MS degree in electrical engineering or equivalent.
- 5+ years direct experience in satellite RF communications and RF systems design, development, simulation (MATLAB, SystemVue, or equivalent) and operations.
- Experience in RF hardware design and/or testing.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Clear thinking, good interpersonal skills, and effective communications skills.
- Must be able to obtain a TS/SCI w/poly security clearance.
- PhD degree in electrical engineering.
- Experience with software-defined radios, antennas, RF characterization and measurements to Ka-band or beyond, Radar systems design, military satellite communications systems.
Special Working Conditions: None
Security: Applicant selected will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
Benefits: APL offers a comprehensive benefits package including a liberal vacation plan, a matching retirement program, significant educational assistance, a scholarship tuition program for staff with dependents, and competitive salaries commensurate with skills and experience. For more information about our organization, please visit our web site at www.jhuapl.edu.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that complies with Title IX of the Education Amendments Acts of 1972, as well as other applicable laws, and values diversity in its workforce.