To provide a positive environment for student learning within the Nursing Program laboratories. To assist nursing faculty and students in accomplishing learning needs necessary to meet lab objectives. Responsible for compliance with all college policies and safety policies. To be aware of recycling and environmental conservation in order to support and promote its concepts.
Candidates Eligible to Apply
Position Funding Type
Posting Detail Information
ADN degree. A minimum of one year working as a R.N.
BSN degree. A minimum of one year working as a R.N. Must be able to function independently; high degree of organizational and interpersonal skills; highly competent in nursing theory and clinical nursing skills.
Minimum Knowledge & Skills
- Principles and practices of teaching;
- Training techniques;
- Detailed knowledge of material being taught in the specific course and program area;
- Student engagement techniques;
- Record keeping procedures;
- Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with students, coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
Preferred Knowledge & Skills
- Texas Registered Nurse licensure or privileges to work as a registered nurse in Texas.
- Clear criminal history with no felony record.
- Clear drug screen.
- Coordinate the setup of clinical skills practice labs.
- Act as a resource person for students using the nursing clinical and computer labs during open practice hours.
- Assist with capturing lab usage.
- Provide supplemental student support and supervision of clinical skills for students who are referred by faculty.
- Mentor students in professional development by role modeling appropriate behavior and critical thinking.
- Support students in utilizing computer software available in assigned laboratories.
- Assist in maintaining an inventory of all equipment, including software, located in the assigned laboratories.
- Coordinate the ordering and storage of all supplies and equipment used in the assigned laboratories.
- Assist with cleaning of equipment in assigned laboratories.
- Collaborate with faculty to identify supportive services, equipment, and software needed for assigned laboratories and submit requests to appropriate faculty as well as the Skills Lab Coordinator.
- Keep knowledge of relevant clinical issues and teaching methods suitable to the learning laboratory current.
- Assist with maintaining a current video and book library.
- Assist nursing faculty with coordinating lab instructions and check-offs as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
Usual Environment: May work indoors in classroom, skills lab, and office. Work with students and staff. Occasional irregular hours. May be assigned evening hours.
Physical: High physical demand. Must be able to stoop, bend, lift up to 50 pounds, and assist in patient care/clinical teaching situations, or demonstrate ability to perform tasks successfully.
Minimum Salary Range
Mid Point Salary Range
Maximum Salary Range
Posting Open Date
Posting Close Date
Posting Will Be Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicant
College of the Mainland is an affirmative action/equal opportunity institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, disability or veteran status.
College of the Mainland does not discriminate on the basis of disability in the recruitment and admission of students, the recruitment and employment of faculty and staff, and the operation of its programs and activities, as specified by federal laws and regulations within Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and 1992.