Position TitleBudget Analyst
Union/Non UnionNon Union
Full Time or Part TimeFull Time
Hiring Salary Range$63,726 to $70,098/Annually
Regular or TemporaryRegular
Job Description Summary
Under general supervision with some independent judgment, the Budget Analyst will perform highly technical duties in the College’s Budget Office. Assist the Budget Officer with the coordination, development, and monitoring of the operating fund budget, budget oversight for operating, capital and restricted funds. Prepare and submit budget documents to college departments and outside agencies. Assist in the implementation of new budget module, and consultative guidance to campus constituencies in administering budgetary and financial policies. Complete complex and technical budget analysis functions and administrative work. Serve as a resource for staff in obtaining reports and information requests from internal departments and external agencies. Participates on ad hoc committees.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field is required.
- Two years working experience in budgets or related field.
- Minimum of two years full time experience in the professional area with an accounting, business or finance environment is required.
CRITERIA: The following criteria, which are not the sole criteria used in the final hiring decision, will be used to review the applications of those persons who meet the stated minimum qualifications and to select those qualified applicants who will be interviewed. Other information and observations made during the interview process may be considered in the selection process. Resume required with the application. Please ensure that your documents address the criteria listed below for this position.
- Ability to perform detailed work independently, as well as, in a team environment.
- Working knowledge with Microsoft Office.
- Budget development processes, fiscal policies and controls.
- Financial reporting, analysis and budget projection processes.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Reason logically, drawing valid conclusions and make appropriate recommendations.
- Must be available to work Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Work schedule subject to change based on the needs of the department.
- Ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written standard English.
- As required by the 1986 Immigration Act, be prepared to present acceptable documentation showing your identity and that you are a U.S. citizen or an alien who is authorized to work.
- A background investigation will be conducted prior to offer of employment. A signed authorization for release of personal information will be required if selected for an interview.
Is Background Check Required?Yes
Open Until FilledNo
Background Check Statement
A limited background investigation will be conducted prior to offer of employment. A signed authorization for release of personal information will be required if selected for an interview.
Special Instructions to Applicants
A background investigation will be conducted prior to offer of employment. A signed authorization for release of personal information will be required if selected for an interview.