Job TitleProgram Coordinator, Continuing Education (Part-time)
DepartmentContinuing Education Department
1. A Bachelor degree and two years’ experience in business management or administrative services.
2. Ability to be self-motivated and self-directed.
3. Superior written/oral communication and research.
4. Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook.
5. Strong work ethic; positive, student-focused attitude, superior professionalism, dependability, and reliability.
6. Excellent time management, organizational and self-planning skills displaying flexibility by adjusting work schedules according to changing priorities, meeting demanding deadlines and producing high-quality work.
7. Ability to effectively convey factual information and detailed explanations of the program to industry, community, staff, and students.
8. Prior experience working in a college or university setting and/or with adult learners is a plus.
The Program Coordinator will report directly to the Dean and Department Head, but will work closely with the Director of Continuing Education, and Coordinator/Instructor for Electric Line Tech program as well as assisting with the work of the Cosmetology program. The ideal candidate must be reliable, punctual, organized, and have a demonstrated ability to juggle multiple priorities in a very busy school setting
• Maintain student files for the Cosmetic Arts programs and Electric Line Technician program.
• Create student handbooks for the Cosmetic Art programs and Electric Line Technician program.
• Develop and maintain inventory databases for the Cosmetic Art programs and Electric Line Technician Program.
• Assist the director with all responsibilities relating to program orientations, informational sessions, and job fairs.
• Assist director with communicating and scheduling guest speakers, site visits, simulation activities, and mock interviews.
• Assist director in managing externship agreements and advisory boards.
• Assist director in creating and implementing new programming related to labor market demands.
• Assist in tracking program progress and developing community resources.
• Must be able to integrate and synthesize information from multiple sources.
• Must be able to meet deadlines.
• Will assist in marketing and recruiting students.
• Additional duties as assigned
• Ability to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
• Ability to reach up to five feet.
• Ability to travel to branch campus sites and throughout the college’s service area.
• Good eye/hand dexterity.
• Ability to hear is required in order to perceive information at normal spoken word levels.
• Visual acuity is required for preparing and analyzing written or computer data, determining the accuracy and thoroughness of work, and observing general surroundings and activities.
• Ability to communicate orally.
• Ability to sit and/or stand for long periods of time
Required Working HoursA twenty hour workweek is established to allow the employee to adequately fulfill the assigned duties and responsibilities.
Job TypePart Time Staff
Durham Technical Community College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Durham Technical Community College complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Durham Technical Community College expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Durham Technical Community College employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.