Instructional Assistant - Testing Services
- Tarrant County College District
- Location: Fort Worth, Texas
- Category: Admin-Other Administrative Positions
- Posting Date: 04/19/2019
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Job TitleInstructional Assistant - Testing Services
Position StatusPart Time
DepartmentSE Counseling & Testing
Responsible for assisting with instructional tasks in a laboratory setting to assist the teaching staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Administers classroom tests to student with disabilities
• Identifies academic needs of students and gives instructions needed to remedy deficiencies in specified discipline
• Helps students with study skills and methods of study
• Responds to technical needs
• Supports and coordinates activities with faculty
• Coordinates and schedules lab usage
• Prepares and maintains classrooms for applicable learning activities
• Attends the workplace regularly, reports to work punctually and follows a work schedule to keep up with the demands of the worksite
• Completes all required training and professional development sessions sponsored through Tarrant County College (TCC)
• Supports the values of the College: diversity, teaching excellence, student success, innovation and creativity and service to the College
The duties listed are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Required Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures
• Associate’s degree or 60 college hours with courses in the specialized field and two (2) years of work experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training, certification, and related experience
• Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software
• Excellent customer service skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Experience working with computerized systems
Desired Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures
• Proctoring experience
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Special Instructions Summary
This is a part-time position, maximum 19.5 hrs. per week. Occasional evening and weekend hours required during peak times.
This position may require travel to local high schools.
Selected candidate must be available to work four (4) hours or more per shift.