Recruitment Specialist, Admissions and Recruitment
- College of Lake County
- Location: Grayslake, Illinois
- Category: Admin-Admissions and Enrollment
- Posting Date: 04/19/2019
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Job TitleRecruitment Specialist
Position TitleRecruitment Specialist, Admissions and Recruitment
DepartmentAdmissions and Recruitment
College of Lake County is seeking a dynamic professional to serve with our Admissions and Recruitment team.
CLC is a comprehensive community college located in northeastern Illinois committed to being an innovative educational institution providing life-changing paths for our students by offering exceptional learning experiences. The college is widely recognized for student success, business and community partnerships and for the achievements of our faculty, staff and alumni.
This position is responsible for developing, implementing and analyzing comprehensive recruitment strategies to increase enrollment of new students at the College of Lake County (CLC). The position also initiates academic coaching, disseminates current information about academic programs, and support services to students who are new to the CLC. In addition to traditional recruitment responsibilities, assignments include a special emphasis on specific populations of students. A successful candidate will be detail oriented, work well autonomously, have strong communication skills, collaborate with internal departments, and represent the college in various committees with in CLC and communities throughout Lake County.
CLC offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits that currently includes BlueCross/BlueShield of Illinois health, Delta dental and Superior vision insurance plans, tuition support for employees and qualified family members, three retirement plans, disability, group and supplemental life insurance, health and dependent care flexible spending account plans, a four-day work week in the summer (Fridays off!), generous vacation, sick and personal time off and 13 paid holidays each year.
1. Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
2. Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
3. Ability to plan and prioritize work requirements and demonstrate independent decision-making capabilities.
4. Experience working with students from diverse ethnic, socioeconomic and educational backgrounds.
5. Valid driver’s license.
6. Ability to work flexible hours including some evening and weekend hours consistent with student needs.
1. Experience working in higher education.
2. Community college graduate.
3. Experience using database management systems.
4. Master’s degree in higher education, college student personnel, advising or related field.
5. Project management experience.
6. Student recruitment experience.
7. Bilingual- (Spanish and English)
Expected Start Date05/01/2019
Special Instructions Summary
Candidates who will be earning a Bachelor’s degree in the month of May 2019 will be considered qualified for this position.
Total Hours per week40
8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., M – F
Evenings and weekends may be required based on the needs of the college.
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with disabilities. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V