Clinical Professional - Dentist
- Delta College
- Location: University Center, Michigan
- Category: Admin-Other Administrative Positions
- Posting Date: 04/25/2019
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Position TitleClinical Professional - Dentist
Part-time, 3 hours per week, 15 weeks per year.
Position Accountabilities and Essential FunctionsThe successful candidate must demonstrate experience, skills, and commitment to fostering an environment of diversity and inclusion in student, faculty and staff.
Position Accountabilities and Essential Functions:
The primary responsibilities of the Dental Clinical Professional are: supervision of the treatment rendered to patients in the dental clinic, educating the students, participation during a medical emergency, and being familiar with the DH curriculum, clinic policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Working with the dental hygiene student the Dental Clinical Professional will facilitate the assessment of:
- Medical Health History
- Restorative chart
- Periodontal chart
- Local anesthesia, nitrous oxide
- Oral pathology
- Dental treatment plan
- Patient’s Referral Letter
- Medical emergency
- A consultation with medical provider
- Inventory and recommend content of Emergency and first aid kits and related items
- Participation during medical emergency review
- Familiar with the Dental Hygiene curriculum, clinic policy and procedures
- Completing dental forms and signatures
- Evaluating students work during clinic
- Attending faculty meetings
- Providing feedback and suggestions to improve all aspects of the Dental Hygiene program
- Successfully complete one course/seminar/workshop per year related to teaching methodology
- Annual verification of:
- Current State of Michigan Dental License
- Current Professional Liability Insurance
- 2 years of position related experience.
Position will remain open until filled. The College reserves the right to close the recruitment process once a sufficient applicant pool has been identified.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Complete an on-line application and attach a cover letter with position title, resume, three current names of professional references, and copies of transcripts (official transcripts required upon hire) and/or certifications and licenses.