Adjunct Media and Web Design (SAT)
- Salt Lake Community College
- Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
- Category: Faculty-Communications-Media & Communication Studies
- Posting Date: 04/25/2019
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Position TitleAdjunct Media and Web Design (SAT)
Open Internally or ExternallyExternal
If faculty, tenure track statusNot Applicable
Reports to (title)Associate Dean
Position TypeOne Semester Temporary
Job CategoryAdjunct - Variable
Initial Work LocationSouth City Campus
Starting SalaryCurrent Adjunct Rates
Job Open Date01/11/2012
Open Until FilledNo
While using an open-entry, open-exit competency-based instructional delivery format, provide instruction and report student progress in any of the four media and web design programs: Media Design Technology, Graphic Designer, Web Site Designer, Web Programmer.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
1.Deliver and manage open-entry/open-exit competency-based instruction to students from diverse populations.
2.Accommodate learning styles, especially hands-on training not limited to the classroom.
3.Advise students of the program requirements and their progress through the courses. Assess student’s abilities and provide appropriate documentation and feedback. Assess and report student progress.
4.Provide industry standard instruction in a flexible entry format.
5.Provide an industry viewpoint to the training program so that students will be prepared to enter the work force.
6.Work with other faculty in the department for continuous improvement to the curriculum and instructional delivery.
7.Support College and School of Applied Technology policies and guidelines. Complete all classroom management reports and processes in a timely manner.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties Continued
1. Follows the course curriculum outline, prepares and delivers lectures and other classroom activities.
2. Keeps accurate classroom records.
3. Coordinates Student ADA accommodation requests following college policy and procedures.
4. Answers questions about the course.
5. Follows SLCC policies and procedures.
6. Supports department assessment initiatives.
7. Meets College and department deadlines and evaluates student work in a timely manner including submitting final grades on time.
8. Completes required training and attends department meetings.
9. Demonstrate and support professional commitment to division, school, and college mission and values.
1.Education and experience:
a.AAS, AS Degree or higher and three (3) years recent teaching or work experience in related field; or
b.a minimum of six years full-time, work experience in the industry utilizing topics covered in the programs;
c.three years experience training students in topics covered in the programs.
2.Demonstrated proficiency in programmatic topics by providing an e-portfolio of work
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
1. Experience as an instructor in media and web design and other related program areas.
2. Experience teaching in competency-based open-entry/open-exit individualized adult programs.
3. Experience teaching students from diverse backgrounds.
4. Attention to details, excellent documentation, and maintenance of individualized records of student performance.
5. Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
6. Ability to work without close supervision in a team with diverse membership.
7. Ability to work within a prescribed curriculum and departmental procedures while maintaining patience, creativity, and cooperative attitude.
8. Proficient in web development and the use of graphic design and software. Adobe Design Premium software: Dreamweaver, Flash, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Fireworks, and the Adobe Video Collection.
As directed by SLCC Policy, Adjunct positions are semester by semester contract with no guarantee of continued employment.
Please attach additional documents (Resume, copies of credentials or transcripts, etc.) for consideration.
Official Transcripts are required for those who are offered employment only.
This posting is for ongoing recruiting where the submitted applications are reviewed by the hiring department when positions become available.