Position TitleFinance and Credit, Adjunct Faculty
Open Internally or ExternallyExternal
If faculty, tenure track statusNot Applicable
Reports to (title)Associate Dean
DepartmentFinance & Credit
Position TypeOne Semester Temporary
Job CategoryAdjunct - Variable
Initial Work LocationVaries
Starting SalaryCurrent Adjunct Rate
Job Open Date04/14/2010
Open Until FilledNo
Under general supervision, teach various finance and other related business courses to community college students. May be assigned to any SLCC location. May be assigned to teach courses in personal finance, principles of banking, financial mathematics, financial management, investments, mutual funds, financial planning, business credit, financial statement analysis, credit law, and other business-related courses.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
1. Effectively prepare and teach classes to facilitate student learning consistent with department, division, school, and college standards and expectations.
2. Keeps accurate classroom records.
3. Coordinates Student ADA accommodation requests following college policy and procedures.
4. Distribute and adhere to current course outlines and/or syllabi.
5. Complete required training and attend department
6. Demonstrate and support professional commitment to division, school, and college mission and values.
7. Meets College and department deadlines and evaluates student work in a timely manner including submitting final grades on time.
8. Support department assessment initiatives.
9. Demonstrate depth of understanding in the economics discipline.
10. Follows SLCC policies and procedures.
11. Other job related duties as required.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Master’s degree in finance from an accredited college or university, OR
2. Master’s degree in closely related field, AND
3. Verification of completion of degree requirements by time of employment with official transcripts.
1. Three (3) years non-teaching full-time (or full-time equivalent) work experience in economics, finance, or related field.
2. College level teaching/corporate training experience.
3. Knowledge and experience in technology-enhanced instruction.
4. Technologically literate and innovative.
As directed by SLCC Policy, Adjunct positions are semester by semester contract with no guarantee of continued employment.
Please attach additional documents (Resume, copies of credentials or transcripts, etc.) for consideration.
Official Transcripts are required for those who are offered employment only.
This is a pooled position and the department will review applications when positions become available.
Please contact the Division of Accounting, Finance, and Economics at 801-957-4325 for more information.